Video recording length

Reaction score
My last three flights (also my first three of this length) have all been 19-20 min before I drain the battery and land. When I take my micro-SD out and plug it into the computer I have two files from the one flight. All three times it did this.
One was 14 min and 5 min.
One was 14 min, 1 sec and 4 min.
The last was 14 min, 2 sec and 4 min.
Is the video cutting out after 14 minutes and restarting itself in a new file normal? Seems odd. Using a 64GB extreme micro-SD.

Sent from my SM-N920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

The files will auto split at 4GB. That's as designed. The gap in the footage is a known issue.

Need to change the file format. There was a thread on here or Facebook. You need to change the card format to FAT Ex. Doesn't like the 32. Or you may be running out of data on the card. 2.7k and 1080p can be large files.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The thread about what?

Sorry, I was unclear. Thread about changing formats on card. Looks like they found it!
It's an interesting article for sure, but it won't change the Phantom's 4GB file limit.

Reactions: Nickster
Its a common factor ..... all my digital cameras do it ... splits long video into chunks. Depending on the camera can be in MB (808's etc) or GB's ....

I changed my recording format from the default mov to mp4 which makes it easier to process / edit. The few videos I have done with my P3S have not had gaps though ...

Interesting that card needs to be Fat32 for FW use .... which is what mine is formatted to.

Nigel

It's an interesting article for sure, but it won't change the Phantom's 4GB file limit.
Is it the Phantom that has the 4 GB file limit or the SD card when formatted in FAT32? I reformatted my cards to exFAT. I'll see later today if that will allow a file greater than 4 GB.

Its a common factor ..... all my digital cameras do it ... splits long video into chunks. Depending on the camera can be in MB (808's etc) or GB's ....

I changed my recording format from the default mov to mp4 which makes it easier to process / edit. The few videos I have done with my P3S have not had gaps though ...

Interesting that card needs to be Fat32 for FW use .... which is what mine is formatted to.

Nigel
Pardon my ignorance, but what's "FW use"?

FW .... firmware.

You can install firmware via the card and requires Fat32 format.

Nigel

I have never seen anybody no matter how they format the SD cards get rid of the 4gb split on a Phantom.

Somebody prove me wrong. :rolleyes:

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.