Video recording freezing

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice now - with two different SD cards... I start recording video, and after some time (1 minute first time, almost 5 minutes second time) the counter under the recording time in the app freezes. Live video showing still great, flying is great - but it's hung recording.

Furthermore, the camera controls in the app are completely unresponsive. This last time I tried landing, restarted the app on the iPad - but it went right back to showing it was recording... Yet stuck at 4:48. I can't stop recording, and the camera buttons on the controller itself don't do anything either at this point. Eventually I powered it down, and now I have a 600mb corrupt video file on the card. I tried powering the phantom back on for a few minutes to fix the file, but no luck.

Very frustrating when trying to record video for a client...

Any ideas?

Sounds like a problem with the camera controller inside gimbal. Have you tried putting the card in a computer, reformatting and doing write tests? Are the sd cards same model bought in same batch? Rare instance but it can happen.

Reactions: ThommyBoy
Once was a larger card I bought, once was the included card.

One thing I just thought of, likely just a coincidence, but...

Both times this happened I was shooting in 1080\60 vs the 4k I usually shoot in.

I've had this happen twice now - with two different SD cards... I start recording video, and after some time (1 minute first time, almost 5 minutes second time) the counter under the recording time in the app freezes. Live video showing still great, flying is great - but it's hung recording.

Furthermore, the camera controls in the app are completely unresponsive. This last time I tried landing, restarted the app on the iPad - but it went right back to showing it was recording... Yet stuck at 4:48. I can't stop recording, and the camera buttons on the controller itself don't do anything either at this point. Eventually I powered it down, and now I have a 600mb corrupt video file on the card. I tried powering the phantom back on for a few minutes to fix the file, but no luck.

Very frustrating when trying to record video for a client...

Any ideas?
Try checking to make sure the camera firmware is up to date. It is different then updating the Phantom. Has to be done independently. Worked for me.

Hi.
I got a similar error yesterday.

I took a couple of shots and filled the buffer. When I tried to activate recording, nothing happened (both tried app and controller button), and the button in the app showed the "waiting symbol" where it I animated (probably due to that the buffer was filled).

After a while I could finally start recording. Watching the video on my computer, about 30s of the video (in the end) is corrupt, totally black.

This happened twice yesterday with my 64GB class 10 SanDisk card.
The filming mode was 4K at 24p.

Try checking to make sure the camera firmware is up to date. It is different then updating the Phantom. Has to be done independently. Worked for me.

How do I update the camera firmware?
Where do I find current version, firmware and documentation?

Are you sure it is a separate firmware upgrade?
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31