Video Recording: 1080p. 60/30/24?

Before the firmware upgrade I mostly used 1080p/24 as I like the cinematic look. I tried both 2.7k/24 and 30fps, and think I like 30fps better.

It all depends on what you like. If you are doing footage for, for example, TV in the U.S., then the producers may call for specific frame rates. But if it's footage for your own entertainment, shoot all formats and go with the one that makes you happy! I use 1080p60 when I want to be able to have smooth slow or slower motion effects. 1080p30 is standard for the show I film for. We don't use 24 on that show so I have never tried it. But I might just to see now that you have peaked my curiosity!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Until the firmware update I used 1080p 60fps - it seemed more crisp and vibrant to me - might just be my perception. I tried 2.7k 30fps this weekend - the weather wasn't that good, but it didn't seem "all that" to me.

As always though, it depends on what you want to use it for. Higher fps to me feels smoother.

1080p 60fps. The problem with aerial footage is that it has tearing when panning or tilting too fast at the lower frame rates - you get the jitter look. 24fps true cinematic cameras don't usually have this problem as they aren't using cheap rolling shutters like the ones on the Gopro and P3.
Also, more frames means you have more to work with. You can always down convert to 30/25/24 but you can never increase frames rates to 60fps.

Reactions: dkyacht

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4