Video Recorded But Not On SD Card

Reaction score
Hi

Using a Phantom 4 Pro Version 2 with RC w/ built-in Screen

I took quite a bit of video footage in 4k MP4 files.

When I got back home and checked the SD card it showed nothing at all in the DCIM folder, but in that other folder in a sub-folder there were a bunch of 720 res .mov files.

So, because those videos were present, I know that it was recording. However, none of the photos or 4k videos were present.

Any ideas on what might have happened?

Thanks!

Have you only done this once? Did you try it again after you re inserted the SD card?

Try another SD card?

Format your current SD card in the aircraft?

Run some simple quick tests to help figure out where the problem is. Your typical culprits:

1. Bad Card (watch for those counterfeit cards).
2. Card inserted wrong.
3. Wrong settings.
4. And, my favorite, PEBCAC (problem exists between chair and computer):

HI.

I think it is fixed now. However, I had done a couple of things that may have caused/fixed the problem

I do recall having run a quick-format on the SD card from my PC prior to the issue occurring

After the issue, I then read that it should be formatted through the drone itself/DJIgo4 app. So, I formatted it from the DJIGo4 app.

I then noticed all of my photos and videos were blurry during the next flight.

It appears that by connecting the DJI racing goggles, the googles somehow change my settings for recording. It appears that it may have changed them to manual focus. It also appears that is changed the video type from .mp4 to .mov and also changed the aspect ratio of my photos.

I have also been using drone deploy and I have a suspicion that app is also somehow changing settings inside my DJIgo4 app.

At present, I do not know what is causing what for sure. However, I will be doing some specific test with all of the above and when I figure it out for sure I will post it here.

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31