Video Quality

Reaction score
I am in the UK and have found my footage seems to be smooth for 4 secs than jumps slightly and so on, also I get the odd frame of complete distortion all pixelated. I have only had the phantom 4 for two weeks and checked settings etc though no luck yet in resolving, any ideas ?

Is this the video that is being displayed on the screen during flight, or is it what you're seeing on video downloaded from the MicroSD card and played on your home computer?

The video transmitted from the drone to your controller and then displayed and recorded on your phone or tablet is low resolution (720P).

Local interference or improper antenna orientation can cause dropouts and pixelation. You will see this as you fly and you will see it on any video that's recorded on your phone/tablet, but it will not be present in video recorded on the MicroSD card.

Also.. What phone/tablet are you using? Some don't have the horsepower to properly decode the digital video as it's streamed from the drone. Here is a list of phones and tablets known to work: Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO | Phantom Help

OK.. The nVidia Shield K1 is known to work well with the DJI Go app. But one thing you might try is setting 'hardware decoding' on and off to see if one option works better than the other.

Since your tablet is OK, he problem seems to be related to receiving the video signal from the craft. (This is especially true if the break-ups occur when you're a long way off_.

First, make sure you have the antennas oriented properly when flying. (They are quite directional). See the video below:

Also make sure there is no interference. The video signal is transmitted on WiFi frequencies. The most obvious source of interference is your tablet. Turning off WiFi on your tablet might make a difference.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else. The odd video glitch is inevitable. I get them now and then along with the odd 'Weak video signal' warnings, but this only occurs when I'm over 700 meters away.

Looks like your video player is not rendering very well 4 k. Try another one I've found divx player to render smoothly.

Jwt

I don't have this option on my dgi app, for some reason it is missing, I can see were it is meant it be from checking online though I don't have it ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's the video when watched back on my nvidia shield k1 which I also use when flying.
I'm guessing this is the cached version of the video. That is, what is being transmitted to the display device and not what is from the SD card. My Shield is now doing the same thing. I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I suspect it's a glitch in DJI's app at this time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20