Video quality when trying to forward video

Reaction score
Can any of you guys help a newbie out and explain why when I try to forward a video I have taken when out using my iPhone the video quality looks terrible when I try to view back on larger screen I.e iPad. I'm basically just saving the footage to my camera roll and forwarding it that way through either email or iMessage. The camera quality is near perfect when watching back on my phone

Cheers in advance guys

Most likely your phone is dumbing it down. 4K video takes up a lot of space so when you try to send it online it's compressed and that dumbs it down to like 480p or 720p depending on your connection speed.

Good man thanks for the reply. That does make sense because the image really is terrible when received at the other end. Would I be right in assuming if I remove micro sd card from drone I could upload my videos in full 4K or 1080 to a mac or desktop?

Yeap but you need to send them from a land based Internet connection. You can send the whole file that way depending on how u send it.

Reactions: Stephen027
Video cached on the iOS is 720p with high compression so that it can best make it from the AC to RC in real time on what is essentially long distance WiFi. It is not the same version that's on the SD card. You can transfer the SD card recording to the iOS through the RC but it is S L O W.

Reactions: Stephen027

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik