Video Quality Jello effect

Reaction score
Unboxed my P3 this week first tests revealed lots of vibration in the video image. Was a little bummed. Short test video enclosed.

Reactions: mmee1992
Did you remove the foam from the back of the gimbal? If not, that's probably causing the vibration.

But you will still probably have jello :( at least more than the p2+even after balanced props. not sure if it in need of different shocks or what really notice it on flight start stop and dead hover
Same here - spent a couple of hours yesterday sanding/balancing my props so that there's no movement in any angle, however upon flying again today the vibrations/jello are still just as bad.

All - will an ND filter be the cure? Or is something just not right? Never had this issue on my P2V+...

Reactions: skyhighdiver
On a Facebook group I follow, a DJI employee recommended installing A40° or 30° Zenmuse dampeners to obtain better stability and overall improved video recording. I'm not sure if it works -- but, it's an easy test to try.

This set of Zenmuse dampeners comes with dampeners of various densities.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing..... :)

On a Facebook group I follow, a DJI employee recommended installing A40 or 30 Zenmuse dampeners to obtain better stability and overall improved video recording. I'm not sure if it works -- but, it's an easy test to try.

11258516_10205564871533646_3080259957378166398_n.jpg
Crazy! Why the hell didn't DJI put them on in the first place

Reactions: skyhighdiver
On a Facebook group I follow, a DJI employee recommended installing A40° or 30° Zenmuse dampeners to obtain better stability and overall improved video recording. I'm not sure if it works -- but, it's an easy test to try.
I have A40 dumper for Zenmuse, and I tested the harder dumpers - the result was terrible!! Gello increases, even visible vibration in moderate wind, and even after I calibrated IMU/gimbal (BTW IMU/gimbal calibration didn't help at all).
I think the harder ones are for higher temperature - today was 27oC, not cold but not hot. And finally, I returned the white dumpers (30? A30?).

But you will still probably have jello :( at least more than the p2+even after balanced props. not sure if it in need of different shocks or what really notice it on flight start stop and dead hover

Have been noticing this a lot on hover video. Jello is even more prominent with any level of wind while hovering. My guess is that those "shocks" are too soft and they're influenced easily by any aggressive flight. The good part is I'm not too worried about it long term (seems like an easy fix), but for now it's too bad I'm not able to get some of the shots I'd like.

At least it doesn't seem to impact stills for the most part - took this one this past weekend, a bit of post.

DJI_0036.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31