Video Quality Issues - Youtube

Reaction score
Hi

I took some video over the weekend using my Phantom 3 Standard. The unedited video clips (.mov) were of good quality, and it almost felt like 'you were there,' when watching them.

As a test I uploaded an unedited high quality clip to Youtube. A very short clip of only 19 seconds. On Youtube it looks like the video was taken on a 10 year old cellphone!?

I don't get it, as there are plenty of drone vids on Youtube, that have an almost 'cinematic quality' to them.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi Tcope

It was taken from the SD card. The version on my desktop looks 'perfect.' However, the Youtube version is clearly heavily compressed.

All I did with Youtube was upload the unedited .mov file (nothing more.)

How long does it take for YT yo process to higher resolution? I uploaded a few hours ago, and the video is still the same poor quality on YT.

UPDATE

At the bottom of the video, I have just selected the option '1080p HD' and it improves the quality of the video considerably. How I don't understand why YT is not picking up the resolution of the video in 'Auto' mode.

Most people on Youtube, will not choose the correct resolution manually, meaning my videos look really bad.

Why is YT not picking up the correct resolution of the video?

How fast is your internet connection? Is it fast enough to not choke on a video stream? That will have a lot to do with the maximum speed youtube makes available.

Also, youtube seriously compresses video, which is understandable. If you want a high quality video stream youtube is not the way to go. The thing about youtube is its free, and you get what you pay for,

Cheers,
rc

It would still help to have a link to the video so we can see what's going on.

Reactions: dronezone1010
@Mr Salty, yes that would help, however I've made it a private video, just for friends and family. Thanks for trying to help anyhow.

How fast is your internet connection? Is it fast enough to not choke on a video stream? That will have a lot to do with the maximum speed youtube makes available.

Also, youtube seriously compresses video, which is understandable. If you want a high quality video stream youtube is not the way to go. The thing about youtube is its free, and you get what you pay for,

Cheers,
rc

Hi RC

My internet connection is just standard broadband speed. It's certainly capable of delivering high speed video. I've watched several quality drone videos by other users over the weekend. If I eventually find a fix after a bit of research, I'll post it on here.

Thanks

I have a 4Mbps internet connection (only a moderate speed now days) and all my Phantom P3P videos play back at 1080HD in auto mode.

Reactions: dronezone1010

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20