Video Playback screen width

Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a DJI v2 and the photos it takes are normal i.e. they fill the screen on my laptop from side to side. However my DJI video replays on about 80% of the screen with two black areas running either side of the picture meaning that the video footage is squashed into a much narrower section. It doesn't look good.

Strangely, this has only just happened and my previous videos were all fine, the only thing that has changed is that I had to send the drone back to the DJI dealership in the UK for a permanently broken Wi-Fi connection. Before that it was fine, now it isn't.

Can anyone offer assistance? Could be my laptop settings I guess but photos are fine, it's just the video replay. Previous videos I took are all normal. It's a bummer because I filmed a rather nice property for an estate agent today in exchange for some £££ but the replay looks rubbish on the squashed/narrower screen so currently can't produce a decent version.

Cheers

Nigel J-F

Well the next question would be did you change the camera settings or check them?

NigelJF said:
Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a DJI v2 and the photos it takes are normal i.e. they fill the screen on my laptop from side to side. However my DJI video replays on about 80% of the screen with two black areas running either side of the picture meaning that the video footage is squashed into a much narrower section. It doesn't look good.

Strangely, this has only just happened and my previous videos were all fine, the only thing that has changed is that I had to send the drone back to the DJI dealership in the UK for a permanently broken Wi-Fi connection. Before that it was fine, now it isn't.

Can anyone offer assistance? Could be my laptop settings I guess but photos are fine, it's just the video replay. Previous videos I took are all normal. It's a bummer because I filmed a rather nice property for an estate agent today in exchange for some £££ but the replay looks rubbish on the squashed/narrower screen so currently can't produce a decent version.

Cheers

Nigel J-F

Firstly - I assume you have your Basic National UAS Certificate (BNUC-S) for small UAS required by the CAA to undertake paid aerial work? Otherwise you have just admitted to breaking the law!

Secondly - It sounds as though your camera settings are 4:3 instead of 16:9 which will give you a 'square' picture you are talking about. This flag is set and embedded within the video file and screens will read this flag and set the aspect ration to 4:3.

Thanks guys. I have resolved it - and it was the 4.3 instead of 16.9 situation.

And regarding the CAA certification you mention...............I am considering that but the jurisdiction where I live does not require it until 2015. The director of Aviation confirmed to me that until the law is adopted here, it's 'best practice' to follow the CAA but not enforceable. I suppose I can wriggle a bit further by pointing out that my video was so rubbish that no £££ changed hands.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav