Video Playback & Map View

Reaction score
Hi All

Forgive me if this has been posted before, I however cannot seem to find a thread on the matter. I am currently using a Phantom 3 professional with the added litchi flight app to conduct autonomous flights over mangrove channels in the middle east. We use the drones to count and survey turtle behavior and numbers in these channels (Flying at an altitude of 20m). The drones are proving excellent at counting these illusive creatures, and we do this by reviewing the video footage taken at 4K during the autonomous flight.

We would really like to be able to pinpoint each turtle sighting on a map when a observation is made, so what I'm asking is there a option or software we can review the footage and at the same time be able to see where each sighting is in relation to a map in relation to the drones location at the exact time the turtle is spotted in the video (Hope this makes sense), so the location of the turtle can be logged. I have seen similar attempts with a dashcam viewer when the p2's have flytrex installed. I was just hoping the new P3's might have a inbuilt flight logger?

Thank you for your consideration.

John.

Using your saved video and corresponding .SRT file, enable closed captioning in your video player to view lat/long and altitude

Thank you Ken.

I feel I might be missing something, when I record the video in Licthi app, there is no .srt file generated as far as I can see, or should this file generate at all times automatically? Is there a possible setting I might be missing?

Thanks John.

Just a update Ken. I had to activate the setting in the DJI app as it was deactivated for some reason, I will attempt a flight by using the .srt file as you suggested. Many thanks for your assistance.

Reactions: Ken Hanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4