Video Playback Choopy

Reaction score
I just received my DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. I did my first flight today filming at 4K 60fps. I have a MacBook Pro with touchbar. The video playback is choppy. Any ideas? Thanks

Is it choppy watching it in QuickTime or just when scrubbing through in your video editor?

My MacBook Pro will play the video from my phantom 4 pro, but editing is another story. I went to a proxy workflow and the guys on adobe premieres forum are recommending uncompressing the video, which makes it better, but still kinda choppy. I’m trying a few different codecs before I just go with the proxies, between the space and extra time to transcode the video to prores 422or cineform or DNxHD/R I’m thinking the proxies weren’t too bad.

My 4gb f Ike uncompressed to 39gb in prores 422.

Is it choppy watching it in QuickTime or just when scrubbing through in your video editor
My MacBook Pro will play the video from my phantom 4 pro, but editing is another story. I went to a proxy workflow and the guys on adobe premieres forum are recommending uncompressing the video, which makes it better, but still kinda choppy. I’m trying a few different codecs before I just go with the proxies, between the space and extra time to transcode the video to prores 422or cineform or DNxHD/R I’m thinking the proxies weren’t too bad.

My 4gb f Ike uncompressed to 39gb in prores 422.

My computer just needed to process it. Now it plays good no choppy

Glad to see you're up in the air, Jack. Hope you're enjoying the Obsidian.

Thanks the issue I am having is this.
I did a factory reset and refreshed the firmware on everything. I haven’t been able to fly after that to see if that fixes it.

Kind of hard to tell from the video but try this if you are worried about firmware causing airframe cracking try this:

With the props off, throttle up slowly. The airframe should remain perfectly still. If it vibrates or shakes, downgrade to 602 or below. Inspect the aircraft carefully from the motor to the vent for any cracking.

Reactions: Jack Matthias

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4