Video or Photograph

Reaction score
Hi folks with the P3A if you are flying and recording video can you still take photographs or do you need to stop video recording first?

You must stop recording first.

Reactions: namnonac
I wish we could take pictures while recording. I miss good photo opportunities. Most phones nowadays let's you take pictures while recording video. Why can't we with these fancy expensive drones?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: namnonac
You could extract a photo from the video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I sometimes extract photos from video (log color profile .mp4/.mov -> Final Cut Pro -> export to .tif -> Lightroom -> .jpg). The end result is quite good although the input isn't raw .dng.

You can use the buttons on the controller. Not immediate but I can usually stop recording and snap a photo in less than a second.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yeah i do that. it's just less resolution that way. i record in 1080p. my computer can't handle 4k so i don't bother recording in 4k. I have nothing to play 4k on anyways but my phone. I think my GS7 can take pictures in full resolution while i record in 1080p. I know my iphone 6+ did when i had one.

I use to pull photos from vlc or power director but I get a better picture by just going full screen and taking a screen capture directly from the movie. You can even zoom in if needed with the magnifier. Simply hold left ctrl & print screen buttons at the same time, open paint - hit paste and its a better pic then the others.

True. Problem with that is now you have an obvious cut in the video that can't be covered up.
exactly. when recording trains if i stop recording to take a picture of the locomotives passing then i ruin my video because then i won't have video of the locomotives passing so then it would be pointless to record the train.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.