Video on top of "Stairway to Heaven peak" Oahu, Hawaii

Re: Video on "Stairway to Heaven" Oahu, HI

Wow, what a place! That looks like an awesome hike. It's now on my must do for the next trip to Oahu. Nice filming! Don't know about the soundtrack? You should make one with the real song LOL.

**** that's sweet! Wish I has some cool scape like that to video here in Texas. Guess I'm going to have to buy a hard case and head to the Costa Rica ranch.

Gorgeous, great time of day to film that!

Did you carry it up there in your backpack, or...?

I bet those peaks are above the fog sometime, I'd love to see the view like that.

Nice, I remember your Olomana video too... breathtaking stuff, thanks for doing all that legwork for us and sharing the videos :!:

iDrone :)

wow Sweet thanks for sharing

Oooops! Didn't see this thread before I said my piece in the personal video section. Mind you its an excellent example of what I was getting at. Glad to see you made this a separate post as well. Great video.

Mmm still not clear what Phantom your are flying? It looked like a Vision control unit, but the video is too stable, was it a Vision and gimbal ? or a P2 and gimbal?

nhoover said:
Wow, what a place! That looks like an awesome hike. It's now on my must do for the next trip to Oahu. Nice filming! Don't know about the soundtrack? You should make one with the real song LOL.

haha that was just some stupid song from youtube

Shrimpfarmer said:
Mmm still not clear what Phantom your are flying? It looked like a Vision control unit, but the video is too stable, was it a Vision and gimbal ? or a P2 and gimbal?

It was the Phantom Vision. I was very very fortunate to have near to zero winds at that altitude. Usually it's very windy up there.

OI Photography said:
Gorgeous, great time of day to film that!

Did you carry it up there in your backpack, or...?

I bet those peaks are above the fog sometime, I'd love to see the view like that.

Usually the peaks go above the clouds hence the name. Yea I just threw it in a backpack and went on my way. Yea I was hoping I would go above a thick layer of clouds and fly it just like you said

iDrone said:
Nice, I remember your Olomana video too... breathtaking stuff, thanks for doing all that legwork for us and sharing the videos :!:

iDrone :)
Yea dude, I love sharing this experience. Its such a fun lil hobby

Well you must now hold the record for the most stable Phantom Vision flight in history. It just goes to show that if you have still conditions the Vision can perform really well.

Amazing flight, not sure I understand why you didn't lose signal when you sent it 'up' the mountain, but glad she came back. :cool:

Are you serious bro? That was way cool!
I bet you couldn't wait to share that vid. What software do you use before uploading to youtube?
And this question comes from the wife; How many stairs did you climb to the point of shooting the vid, and how many overall to get to the top?

Nice work and I also subscribed to your youtube,

flyNfrank said:
Are you serious bro? That was way cool!
I bet you couldn't wait to share that vid. What software do you use before uploading to youtube?
And this question comes from the wife; How many stairs did you climb to the point of shooting the vid, and how many overall to get to the top?

Nice work and I also subscribed to your youtube,

haha all I did was just upload it from the card to the comp and drag and drop to youtube. it's nearly 4000 stairs. her'es the wikipedia link about the hike. The hike is illegal to do and it's sketchy as f*ck. pretty **** scary..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_Stairs
thanks dude!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers