Video of tower climber gets FAA attention

No mention of any aviation safety concern.
The FAA say that he must cease any future use of the drone for commercial purposes.
The FAA should get back to aviation safety issues and stop criminalising commercial aerial photography.

Meta4 said:
The FAA say that he must cease any future use of the drone for commercial purposes.
The FAA should get back to aviation safety issues and stop criminalising commercial aerial photography.

+1

sdtrojan said:
Meta4 said:

+1

+1,000

The flight was for medicinal purposes...

Meta4 said:
Everyone knows untaxed revenue from drone photography is a more serious issue than putting GPS trackers on $200 million Malaysian airliners! :shock:

I can't help but say that I loved the video! As a ham I can see why it was so popular. Any ham would love to have their antenna up there!

I thought: What a workout! Wouldn't it be hell to get up there and discover that the replacement bulb, that you brought up, is bad too!

PhantomFanatic said:
I thought: What a workout! Wouldn't it be hell to get up there and discover that the replacement bulb, that you brought up, is bad too!

No problem -- just call Amazon to deliver a new one, by drone.

Meta4 said:

Great comment. +1

the FAA is calling ANYONE that has a quadcopter video go viral and basically threatening them with fines for "commercial use of a drone", it's really silly. I'm buddies with the guy that made the "ultimate 5 borough NYC landmarks" video and he played me the voicemail the FAA left him. the guy sounded like an idiot but at least he was just informing & threatening that if any of the video is sold that would be considered commercial use and they may levy a fine... not directly accusing him of commercial use (yet).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers