Video Not Supported - Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
Greetings to the flyers,

I have a Phantom 2 Vision and all seems to be working well as far as flight is concerned.
The camera records fine to the SD micro card and can be viewed on the iPhone via the link.

I am not able to download the MP4 from the phantom camera album selected videos to the iPhone,

I get a message saying video not supported. The record mode was 1080 30 for flight recording.

Any ideas or what am I missing?

I don't have a micro card reader yet.....ordered on amazon but has not arrived yet or I would take the card out and go direct.

Cold out flying in 38 degree wx here in Houston today.

Thanks in advance.

David
Houston, TX

[email protected]

Some phones just won't handle it. I got the same with my Nexus 4 running Jellybean (now Kitkat). However I cut out the middleman and stick the card straight in a card-reader plugged into the laptop and have no issues.

As an aside, once you have your card reader, if you have a smart TV/DVD/Blu Ray player that accepts media input via USB then you can watch the raw .MOV or JPEG files from the Vision card direct on your tv should you wish. Works a treat for viewing photos, especially.

dlbdata said:
Greetings to the flyers,

I have a Phantom 2 Vision and all seems to be working well as far as flight is concerned.
The camera records fine to the SD micro card and can be viewed on the iPhone via the link.

I am not able to download the MP4 from the phantom camera album selected videos to the iPhone,

I get a message saying video not supported. The record mode was 1080 30 for flight recording.

Any ideas or what am I missing?

I don't have a micro card reader yet.....ordered on amazon but has not arrived yet or I would take the card out and go direct.

Cold out flying in 38 degree wx here in Houston today.

Thanks in advance.

David
Houston, TX

[email protected]

Hi, 1080 30 is supported by my iPhone 5, not the 1080 60, iPhone doesn't like while syncyng, but like if upload via AirDrop or email.

I bought a sandisk wireless thumbdrive with the built in WIFI. It has a slot to accept the Micro SD card. I can network my Ipad and watch the video and images directly. I have had some videos play, then later refuse to play, and some videos refuse to play all together. But when I plug the SD into the iPad card reader, the videos transfer and plays fine.
I am still trying to figure out the Hz and frame rate thing and see if it makes any difference.

Whatever the default video setting is right out of the box worked fine, I think it was 1080p 30fps, worked fine while making the transfer to my iphone 5. I then upgraded the firmware for everything, and before flying again, changed the video to 1080i 60fps. From that point on when I tried to transfer the video wirelessly from the PV2 to my iphone I got the video not supported message. I changed the vid setting to 1080p 30fps, still no go. But I can put the mem chip in a reader and pull the vid into my PC and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it's the vid setting and not the firmware that changed things for me. It may have originally been set at 1080 24fps before it stopped working. Need to play around with it some more. Unfortunately I had to leave to go out of town for business in San Francisco all this week and had to leave my new toy. I thought about bringing it with me to get some cool vid of the city, but beings as I only have about 4 flights with it, didn't have the balls to take it near the ocean. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav