video loss after 10 min of flight

Reaction score
Keep getting video loss after in flight for a while. What is the problem and how can i not have to use rth. Brand new p3p. Its been upgraded and has no updates needed. I just bought litchi app so i will try that when it stops raining here. Any advice on litchi app and p3p. Thx

Are you using an Android device? If so, that is more than likely your issue. DJI GO and Android Nougat do not work well together for the past six months. The connection issues usually only happen while recording.

Get an IOS or a better Android tablet. Sorry for blunt response but, you asked for easy cure. ;)

Not just any tablet. You need a pretty new one with a good amount of processing power. DJI GO is a huge resource hog.

Bollox to gettting an IOS device, you can pick up a Nexus 7 tablet for about £50 and it works great, Litchi runs fine on it, just make sure you stick to Android 6 or below as some have had issues with Android 7, ive even used an old samsung s6 which worked fine.
If your android savvy enough you can root the device and get rid of all the bloatware that comes with most Android units

I ran into this issue as well with my P3A. I ignored the suggestions of getting a new device... After all, I had a phone that was top of the line three years ago. I finally gave in and bought a new, current, very high end phone ( Google Nexus 6P running Android 7.2) and haven't had any issues at all since. Actually, there was a significant and noticable difference in video smoothness and responsiveness from the drone as well! I was quite surprised how much a high performance phone made. So... Fight it as you may, your answer is a new generation phone/tablet... Octacore processor, 3-4 gigabytes of RAM, etc.

Reactions: Daptone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.