Video looks like grass pressed flat (like a crop circle)

Reaction score
I flew my P3 Pro for the second time last weekend. The video is bad (again).
The first time things looked sharp but there were occasional horrible jitters that I later learned were caused by my failure to remove the packing material from the gimbals.

This time I flew the drone over some weed filled fields. Strangely, in the video, the weeds appear to have all been blown down as if by a very strong wind. When flying straight they are all smeared in one direction. When flying in a curve, the grass appears to have been pressed down in a circle. I didn't do it, but I'm sure that if I had pointed the camera down and rotated the drone in place the result would have looked like a perfect crop circle. Flying at a moderate speed each pixel is stretched so that it looks an inch or two long on my 60 inch TV. Strangely, it doesn't seem to affect the shots of the house.

I haven't heard of this effect so I'm having trouble searching for a cure.

I only made two changes since the previous flights (other than the removal of the offending foam)
1) I switched the resolution down to 1080P
2) I switched the file format to mp4.

Is it a compression effect? Crazy low shutter speed? Or are the default settings pure junk? The shots are very dark as well, so I'm thinking it's bad default settings.

Can you post a link to the video so we can take a look and offer an opinion

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Flint
How are you getting your video from the Phantom to the TV?

Reactions: Flint
How are you getting your video from the Phantom to the TV?

MicroSD in a USB adapter. USB in my Dell desktop. DVI output from the video card adapted to HDMI. HDMI cable to the TV.

We watch lots of TV and Netflix that way and there have never been any artifacts like this.

Edit: I use the Nvidia Control Panel to set up dual monitors.

Last edited:
MicroSD in a USB adapter. USB in my Dell desktop. DVI output from the video card adapted to HDMI. HDMI cable to the TV.

We watch lots of TV and Netflix that way and there have never any artifacts like this.
What does the video look like on the desktop?

What does the video look like on the desktop?

I hesitate to commit myself without checking, but I'm pretty sure it was the same. The TV is set up as a second monitor and has always looked exactly like the main monitor (with a bit of cropping)

Sorry to be so unprepared. I thought you guys were going to say "That's Spagetti Fuzz" and i'd go google it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterBlaster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31