Video Length (getting cut off after 9:20)

Reaction score
Hey guys, I played with the new quad all weekend and I noticed something I wasn't expecting. The video gets cut off after about 9min 20sec. I had two flights today and both were shot in 4k@30fps. Both videos are about 4.1gb (along with a second video of 2min or so for the end of the flight).

Does the quad format in Fat32? If so that might be my problem. Can/Should I format it on my computer with a different filesystem so I can get bigger videos? Anyway, I just wanted to ask what you guys are experiencing.

Thanks,
Vlaak

Hey guys, I played with the new quad all weekend and I noticed something I wasn't expecting. The video gets cut off after about 9min 20sec. I had two flights today and both were shot in 4k@30fps. Both videos are about 4.1gb (along with a second video of 2min or so for the end of the flight).

Does the quad format in Fat32? If so that might be my problem. Can/Should I format it on my computer with a different filesystem so I can get bigger videos? Anyway, I just wanted to ask what you guys are experiencing.

Thanks,
Vlaak
I use FATx but I also replaced the 16G card with a 64gig when gives you over 2 hour of 4K

The max video is 4 gigs. Once you get to 4 gigs it will start a new file. I think you can change that but I'm not for sure .

I've been working in the imaging (photo and video) for many years ..... and never, nor never heard of, anyone needing 9-minute shots - unless you are doing security surveillance, in which case you can usually shoot at a much lower resolution than 4K.
Think about shooting specific scenes, of 1 minute each (max), and sequence them in post.
Otherwise you're gonna have to search through in post, dividing out the good from the bad. and you'll always run into hardware limitations.

Reactions: alokbhargava
Ok thanks guys. One more thing to know about I guess :)

bobomet, great point. I usually just let it record the whole time (as I've been doing with my 350qx3) and then just cut it up as needed in post. I think you're totally right that it would be better to think of specific scenes while filming in the field. It reminds me of my regular photography. I don't just shoot anything I see, I line up specific shots and try to get it as perfect as possible in my camera. Thanks for the advice!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl