video lag

There's other threads addressing the same issue here.
There's a slight variation in the problem, depending on if you're flying an Inspire, Phantom, Mavic or plain Lightbridge, but the issue seems always to be a video lag in the Go app, and bad image/video quality.

The Go app is on your iPhone, Android or tablet, which is small enough to fit on top of, or in the case of the Mavic, underneath your remote control unit.

Connection varies - the older models have a wireless Bluetooth or Wifi connection, and the newer ones have a USB cable.

In the older case, make sure you get a Wifi booster that typically sits on the handle of your remote. This boosts the Wifi signal so it's better going into your display device.

In the newer case, check that your USB cable isn't frayed or simply bad. Just having a couple new ones and switching one out for the other if/when your display glitches can get around that cause.

Now onto the platforms themselves.
DJI specifies the lowest model of iPhone, Android or tablet that will run the Vision, Go or Go 4 apps. These are not the recommended models, but the minimum models, below which the apps simply will not run, period.

Now, how they run is a totally different story.

For instance, I bought an iPad mini 2 running Go for my Inspire 1. That was a while ago, and for many months the i1 drove the iPad flawlessly, no lag, no glitching, perfect.

Then came the firmware updates.

With each succeeding generation/version of update, the app (the Go app in this case) got bigger and more processor-and memory hungry.

So now, I can't update my Go any more, because the iPad is holding everything back.

So...

iPad - double click the main menu button and get rid of all the programs that you thought you had quit but are still running in the background.

Then disable your video cache. And flush the cache.

Then restart everything. That should hold it for awhile.

Oh, and don't forget to turn on Airplane mode before flight. I've had the phone ring while on my Mavic - not too fun a time!

Android - same deal, this time it's the square icon on the right of the three virtual buttons at the bottom of the screen. Bring up all the apps that are still running in the background, close and flush the video cache in your Go app, and then turn on Airplane mode.

All the above should help get better reception and less lag.

However, sometimes nothing you do can help. I had to sell my Mavic once it developed a 3-second video lag for all drone movement, no matter if it was 500ft or 5ft away, and no amount of swapping out phones, tablets, cleaning, cables, cache fooling-around, would make that delay go away. It rendered any kind of precision framing nigh-on impossible, and made flying the drone itself bordering on a dangerous occupation. Certainly unsafe to fly.

HTH
All the best
Chris

I've got lag now since I updated the DJI GO app.
No problem before on my iPad Air.

I'm on last year's firmware (just because I haven't been flying much and haven't bothered upgrading) but the Go app updates automatically. Flew at the weekend and experienced about a 5 second video lag - control was instant and worked well, bit the video - lots of black screens and serious lag. Must try using an ipad with older app on it and / or deleting and reinstalling the app for the iPhone.

using P3a & ipad mini 1. unplug & plug the gimbal. it works for me everytime i have video lag issue. :)

Is it a coincidence that the latest update that causes severe lag in older mobile devices was released right when the crystalsky becomes available?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik