Video LAG and Google Play Services - open letter to DJI

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I have started a topic - open letter to DJI on DJI official forum. My post is connected with video lag and Google Play Services on Android devices. Please take a look, i urge to support on DJI forum

DJI Forum|Video LAG and Google Play Services-open letter to DJI

Dear DJI,

Please fix DJI Go app. DJI app have problem with CPU overload since june 2015. We are waiting four months for a solution.
Most of android devices, both supported like a Nexus 7 and unsupported but powerful as nvidia shield 2 are almost unusable. Android users are over 50% of Your clients. We are not a niche.

We, Your community, developed a workaround - a downgrade of Google Play Services to an older version (for example 5.x.x.x) is resolving a problem.
Latest version of Google Play Services is causing a tablet CPU overload 30% larger than normal and this causes video lag and DJI GO app crashing.
However, not everyone can downgrade Google Play Services, because devices with Lollipop have a newer version and downgrade have no effect.

The problem is connected not only with Phantom 3, but it affecting all your current platforms.

Phantom 3
http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html

Inspire 1
DJI Forum|Stuttering/lagging video on Android Devices

And matrice 100 and lightbridge 2 can be also affected.
Video lag and cpu overload caused by Google Play Services are unacceptable in a proffesional use.

Alternative app - Litchi - have no video lag and there is video hardware decoding option - it is very helpfull and reduces cpu load (however DJI Go is still more stable for me).

DJI, i appeal to You - you made good product, but your app DJI GO still need this fix!

Last edited:
Case closed. There is no lag on Google Play Services 8.1.15 (latest) and DJi GO 2.3.

Try dropping down to 15 fps instead of using 30 and you may see it improve.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers