Video Just Stops Recording While In Flight- Anyone Had This?

Reaction score
Reviewed one of my videos from a flight recently and discovered that video just stopped about a minute or so in.. Thinking it was a fluke or something, tried again and found that indeed the video is just cutting out at a random time, but usually no longer than ~1 minute in each time. It just stops.. I don't lose FPV, but it stops recording.

Really frustrating. Has anyone had this problem and is there is a fix.

Phantom 2 w/ GoPro Hero 3+ Black, H3-3D.

Thanks guys!

Re: Video Just Stops Recording While In Flight- Anyone Had T

I see 2 possibilities:
1- Check that your SD card is able to record HD video continuously. Having a Class 10 SD is not enough. Some are less performant than others. It may also need to be reformatted.
2- Make sure that your wi-fi is nor turned On. The Gopro may interfere with the RC but the inverse is true as well.
Personally I would check the card or try another one.

morph000 said:
Having a Class 10 SD is not enough
Any recommendations on brands/types ?
All I use in my gopros are Lexar 64gb never had a problem unlike sandisk had a few problems .

Yes.... steer clear of Sandisk there are too many fakes out there being sold unknowingly. Even Amazon got caught out thinking it was selling genuine Sandisk cards and the weren't :shock:

They pulled them very quickly but goes to show the extent of the cheap Chinese crap that infiltrate the market.

Well I just bought the one that B&H recommended in the same page when I bought the P2: SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10.

Are we saying that this is not sufficient? And if so, what exactly should I be looking for before I buy another one and waste more money on the wrong thing?

It hasn't given me any problems until now... with probably 100+ hours of use until now... is there a way to reformat it? Would/could that solve the problem for the meantime? I'm trying to shoot a particular phase of a construction project that won't be like this for long... is that with a try (reformatting)?

Thanks... hope you can answer my questions. I'm ignorant to this aspect :?

Attachments

• 20141107_113243-1.jpg
    20141107_113243-1.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 300

To format your SD card within the GoPro:
http://gopro.com/support/articles/forma ... with-hero3
About your choice of card, I would not use an Ultra. I use a Sandisk Extreme 32GB most of the time and I cannot recall any problem with it, ever.
Here is a comparison of both Extreme vs Ultra:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1sM2F6wx8[/youtube]
You can see that the Extreme is much faster, meaning more able to digest the huge amount of HD Video data coming from the GoPro.
Good luck.
S

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4