Video issued

Reaction score
Hi all, first let me say what a great site this is. ( sorry if this is long but trying to make it clear what I'm asking).
Ok I am new to the whole RC game, never drove/flown anything before but I am now the proud owner of a P4. I have had it for a week now and I am loving it, I have read the manual and got so much info from here but still have a few questions/queries.
1- I am having issues recoding video at times, sometimes it works good other times it is scattered and will pause. Below are a few videos showing my issue, video one did it not long into the flight but then was good for the rest of the flight ( about 5 mins ). Video two is similar. I have played with the settings and still have troubles with the video. I have no prior video/photography experience so it's a big leaning curve for me. I am running dji go app on an iPhone 5s ( for now ).

2- Fail safe RTH, please correct me if I'm wrong, I know and have practiced flat ground RTH but how does it work with drop offs? If I'm up high on top of a cliff and set my RTH point before take off to 30m then fly down the cliff face 30m and something happen and it needs to RTH does it rise 60m from its current position before it comes home?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Opps forgot the videos....

Opps forgot the videos....

Are these videos from the sd card in the drone or the cached footage from the iPhone?

You will see breakup on the cached footage if the signal drops, shouldn't see it on the camera footage on the card.

Your second question

If you start of at zero metres from take off and fly down over the cliff it will go into minus numbers eg -30m. So the return to home will go back up to +30m.

The altitude is taken from your takeoff point.

Hi guys, check out mine problem with image, this sreen was taken when I was standing next to phantom 4 ?
file under post :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-28-12-09-13.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-28-12-09-13.png
    713.6 KB · Views: 323
Are these videos from the sd card in the drone or the cached footage from the iPhone?

You will see breakup on the cached footage if the signal drops, shouldn't see it on the camera footage on the card.

Your second question

If you start of at zero metres from take off and fly down over the cliff it will go into minus numbers eg -30m. So the return to home will go back up to +30m.

The altitude is taken from your takeoff point.

Thanks for the info.
Videos are from the phone, the SD card comes out all jumpy... Still working out the best way to get them from SD card to laptop in a way they play smoothly.

Thanks for the info.
Videos are from the phone, the SD card comes out all jumpy... Still working out the best way to get them from SD card to laptop in a way they play smoothly.

Hi,

The videos from the SD card are huge. They play very jumpy on my laptop but the same videos play gloriously on my more powerful work PC. I don't think the problem is with how you are getting them off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4