VIDEO ISSUE Horizontal Lines on descent

Reaction score
Setup:
Phantom 2
Zenmuse 3D w/Anti-interference board
GoPro Hero3+ Black

Not sure what the issue is, noticed it on descent flying only. I don't think it's the GoProo, maybe the Phantom or Gimbal.

Video
http://vimeo.com/106121117

Need help, Thanks

Its on the whole screen though not just the 4 corners and i'm not filming towards the sun. I do have prop guards on though.

remove the propellers and problem solve!! sorry had to say that. Pointing more towards the sun will cause that. Maybe if you can design a small lens hood. I know someone will invent one soon and sell it. You have to get familiar with the area before taking off. Winds, sun, obstacles, etc. just like a plane pilot. Practice in an open area and little by little you will get confidence to take in to more challenging places.
felipe

maximusa said:
Its on the whole screen though not just the 4 corners and i'm not filming towards the sun. I do have prop guards on though.

Yes, those are prop shadows across the whole screen, that's what they look like with the gopro's fisheye lens and rolling shutter. In that video you posted they're mostly coming from the left prop. You don't have to be pointed directly at the sun for the props to come between it and the lens.

Hmm wonder if carbon fiber props would mitigate it somewhat since they are black and don't reflect light as much?

great alternatives thanks for sharing! i think i am going to try the simple plastic first mentioned. thats all you really need. less weight and cheap so i will order 2 and try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav