video is jerky

Reaction score
my 3rd flight today so i thought i would try a little video. i am using a Samsung note 3.
When recording the feed was great and playback was great also. Then downloaded it on the phone and playback was jerky. also downloaded to the computer and it was jerky also.. the computer is old though..
ANY ideas. ?..appreciate any feedback..

Perhaps your phone and computer cannot handle the resolution of your video? I have a MacBook Air that's 5 years old and it cannot play the 4k video from my P34k. Just a thought.

i have reduced it in the go app to 1080p. yep but it still acts like my phone cant handle it..
thinking of getting a ipad mini 2 tomorrow... ive got a mini 1 but that wouldn't even play the app

alright this is wierd...i was just going to download todays flights and they were already in my gallery and play just fine..
Somehow they got on there as i was recording.. is that possible ? I sure have a lot to learn.
But it sure is fun !!!

By jerky, how so? Do you mean the image jerks around or do you mean that it studders like stop, skip and go?

If its image jerking around, be sure you remebered to remove the gimbal lock. I forgot that once and it made the video jerky as the gimbal stained against the lock.

I stumbled on a solution to this problem. I had the same problem with my Phantom 4 out of the box. This is my first drone so I am/was really a novice. I found a video that explained that the jerkyness was likely due extremely high shutter speed. With the settings set to "auto" the camera will run the shutter speed up extremely high in order to reduce the amount of light entering the camera. The video recommended manually setting the shutter speed to no more than twice the fps. I used 1080p at 30 fps. So I set the shutter speed to 60. Making these changes removed ALL of the jerkyness. I was then able to produce great quality video. However, by manually reducing the shutter speed, and therefor allowing more light to enter the camera, I also had to add ND filters to reduce the light so that my mid-day videos were not washed out. Night time videos are great without a filter. Morning and late afternoon videos may be okay without filters, but sometimes I still put one on depending upon the brightness. This may not fix everyones jerkyness problems, but I did solve the ones I was having.

Reactions: Paulie1340
Thanks for your write up here, Mark. Just took my first videos this week. When I was flying FPV, I complained of quite a bit of "Delay" between moving the stick, then hearing the P3S move, then seeing the movement I called for on the iPad Mini screen. Today I loaded up the video recording from that very flight and It was jerky, stopping, skipping, going again... really crappy. I haven't messed around with the video settings at all so I'm sure after reading your story that my answer is in here somewhere.

Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj