Video is jerky or choppy, which is the best resolution?

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I have a doubt about which, in your experiences, is the best resolution for record videos in our P2+. In my case I did videos at all resolutions and only in 720p 30fps I have smoothness video.
In others resolutions the video footage appears to jump from frame to frame.
I upload a short video to my youtube channel for you can see that I mean:

The video setup is:
Resolution: 1080p 30fps
ISO: 100
WB: sun
Focus: Average
Exp: -0.3
Sharp: Standard

Which is your opinions?

(sorry for my english)

Hi everybody. I have a doubt about which, in your experiences, is the best resolution for record videos in our P2+. In my case I did videos at all resolutions and only in 720p 30fps I have smoothness video.
In others resolutions the video footage appears to jump from frame to frame.
I upload a short video to my youtube channel for you can see that I mean:

The video setup is:
Resolution: 1080p 30fps
ISO: 100
WB: sun
Focus: Average
Exp: -0.3
Sharp: Standard

Which is your opinions?

(sorry for my english)

I have settled on using 720p @ 60

the stuttering in play back may simply be the pc/device your are using not being able to process the video fast enough.
Faster processor or video card could play differently,
try a different pc if possible

Seems you have chosen an incorrect fps setting in the editing sequence or during video export. Should be 29.97 fps in this case... ;)

Sounds strange. The video you uploaded is jerky here too, so must also be something else than your slow PC...

Perhaps try to flash the FC200 camera with the latest firmware and see if that helps? :)

Ah... 24mbits is much better than 12 for sure! Did not know you also had that installed ;)
I have one of the two last firmware mods also, loving the 24mbps quality and no problem with framerate here... Perhaps you could try the one with "True HD", less contrast and 24mbps (which is the second last version methinks)? Or just reflash the one you use now? Just flash or reflash to see if that helps... :D

Thanks SkyDude for your help. I'll try all variations.

Hey man! Did you get rid of the problem?

I just tested the firmware I linked to, and I see from the files that it only records in 20mbps. So you should go back to the last modded firmware instead (which you already had installed)...

Hi SkyDude. I tried all variants and the problem persists. The only resolution that works fine for me is 720 30fps. With 1080i 60fps I can work, is not perfect but acceptable (still a little jerky), I know is not a real 60fps.
I'll test a Gueria's script tomorrow to see if improvement the quality in "super wide" fov.

Last edited:
Hi SkyDude. I tried all variants and the problem persists. The only resolution that works fine for me is 720 30fps. With 1080i 60fps I can work, is not perfect but acceptable (still a little jerky), I know is not a real 60fps.
I'll test a Gueria's script tomorrow to see if improvement the quality in "super wide" fov.

Hmmm...very strange. Can you send me a "jerky" raw clip and I will se how it plays on my computer?

Cool. Tell ut what you think when you have tested the script! I might check it out tomorrow too... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik