Video Help

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a used P3P this past week. I've flown a few smaller drones but really couldn't wait to get my hands on this one!

Anyhow, I just got it up this morning and took some video. It seems a little bland and not quite sharp. Is there anything that pops out to you guys that could be a simple change to sharpen things up?

Maybe I just need more time to work with this and learn, but thought if anyone would know it could be some folks on here.

Thanks

What settings did you choose ?

I was just thinking of that. I'd have to double check but I believe it was 4K 30 FPS - that might explain some of the "jerkiness"? D-Log and AWB I believe.

I did not have the histogram on to check the exposure, anything else I'm missing?

Nice video, and welcome to the forum, jonesg11.

Came a bit close there, didn't ya?;) I saw that!:eek:

I'd suggest you get a ND filter to slow down the shutter speed, and use the historiogram to get a better exposure. Bright sunlight I like at least a 16 ND filter. Also, select vivid for better greens and blues. Lock the exposure to avoid those auto corrections.

Watch out for trees, they love Phantoms.

Reactions: noki49
Nice video, and welcome to the forum, jonesg11.

Came a bit close there, didn't ya?;) I saw that!:eek:

I'd suggest you get a ND filter to slow down the shutter speed, and use the historiogram to get a better exposure. Bright sunlight I like at least a 16 ND filter. Also, select vivid for better greens and blues. Lock the exposure to avoid those auto corrections.

Watch out for trees, they love Phantoms.
Yea, I ate a few branches there :)
I'll play with the histogram and other settings, and give some filters are try, thanks for the tips!

Reactions: Fplvert
Here is what I came up with today. Mind you still a lot of work to do, and any further tips greatly appreciated.

At the 5:40 mark I lost connection and my phone shut down! I hit the return to home button but nothing happened, I thought for sure it had gone down and was in the lake! I was able to restart my phone and reconnect around 8:30!

My current defaults and links:

Manual white balance 5000K (6000K at sunset, or Cloudy)
LOG color profile
Sharpness -2
Contrast -3
Saturation -2
Shutter speed 2x FPS
ISO 100
FCP Color > Color correction
> Exposure shadows down, highlights up, midpoint
> Saturation master up
> Color highlights

Last edited:

Yes it was a typo [corrected now] -- I think ISO 100 is a good daytime starting point. I guess slower shutter speeds and higher ISO must be used at night.

By the way, the latest FW V01.08.0080 seems to revert Manual white balance to 6000K if I try to set it to 5000K.

p.s. I usually shoot 4K (4096x2160) but output HD (1920x1080). To fit that input to 16:9 without black borders at top & bottom needs 107% zoom in Final Cut Pro -- exactly 4096/(2160*(16/9)).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantom-Four
Thanks for the tips guys. I don't have any software to edit in post yet so it'll have to be what comes off the machine.

These are more recent clips with some different settings, not overly impressive but a lot of fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20