Video has green and purple horizontal lines across the video aprox. an 1" wide.

Reaction score
I have only flown the Phantom 4 about 3 times. Each time I experienced horizontal green and purple lines across the video. It only last at time for a second or up to a minute. The bar goes completely across the screen and is about an 1 inch or so wide. I had seen someone else with the same issue and they up loaded photos the same as what I am seeing. Anyone have any suggestions what to do?

Reactions: 99taws6
This normally occurs when you have a weak video transmission signal...how many bars are showing against HD at the top of the app?
Does it happen when you have clear line of sight? Or are you behind anything like trees etc.?

Maybe worth trying a different cable, and also make sure you're on the latest versions for GO app/RC/P4.

This also happen to me. Not always. But happen even when P4 is few meters, 5,6m without any object

This also happen to me. Not always. But happen even when P4 is few meters, 5,6m without any object
I have sent DJI a video clip will have to see what they say. To clarify, the phantom was 200ft above me with no obsitacles in the way. Also last flight it lost signal, lights turned red but was able to land?

This is what happen in my Samsung Note 4:

Screenshot_2016-04-21-18-19-23.png

Screenshot_2016-04-21-18-19-03.png

But in the SD card movie its pretty ok.
This dont happen always, time to time, and more when i start the P4.

Same thing happened to me on the Phantom 4 I just got this week! I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab e 9.6 " tablet...First video I shot did not record properly to the sdcard. It is shakey, stutters, did not record all the frames, thus was skipping frames and was full of those green and purple blocks artifacts! I think the feed was by default at 4K. I have since reduced that rate and resolution slightly above 1.2 K pixels horizontal and the feed seems OK! I had to reformat the SDCard, of course! I have never seen these artifacts on my first DJI Pro drone. This is something new and a bit worrisome for such and expensive drone! What's going on DJI? Why is the RC link failing to transmit video in close proximity to the drone?

Same thing happened to me on the Phantom 4 I just got this week! I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab e 9.6 " tablet...First video I shot did not record properly to the sdcard. It is shakey and full of those green and purple blocks artifacts! I think the feed was by default at 4K. I have since reduced that and the feed seems OK! I had to reformat the SDCard, of course! I have never seen these artifacts on my first DJI Pro drone. This is something new and a bit worrisome for such and expensive drone! The RC link has failed to transmit video in close proximity to the drone. And I can reproduce the issue, because everytime the drone sits on the ground on a grassy surface, the lines re-appear...Is the RC bouncing off the blades of grass or scatters somehow ? Not sure...Quite strange...I have also flown over water yesterday a small lake and noticed considerable amounts of drift! Honestly it got to the point where I was a bit nervous as the drone drifted sideways and just kept going...It was not in sport mode...It was in GPS mode. Seems that around trees and water the drone starts to drift at low altitude! This is on the P4!

The green and purple lines on the tablet I believe is because of interference with the transmission to the RC control. If you look at the video on the SD card it is fine. I was using a Samsung Tab E and though that the tablet was to slow. I bought a Samsung Tab 2S, the I still get the same thing. Also I experienced that if you are to close to say your car, house, the annoying lines would come in and out but if I were to move away in the open this would stop? Would like to know if the Mini 4 tablet, Apples version to Samsung's Tab 2S has the same issues. Anyway, my phantom 3 professional did not display any of these issues. Hopefully DJI can get this resolved in firmware soon.

This happened to me as well but the lines are in the video
I am using the note 4 plus tried iPhone 5 same thing drone is less than a week old it is the p4

Its interference, happens always with me when im flying next to a friend mine that is flying with his drone. But the vídeo on sd Card is ok

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No on mine it is in the video always and I live in the country a mile or two from anything

OK, I just went out a bought a Mini 4. Swore that I would not get another Apple product again but for the good of the cause I broke down. Anyway it linked up right away no issues. I noticed that I think the screen size is a little smaller then the tab 2S, the SAFE TO FLY is positioned over to the left side of the screen and on the tab 2S it is in the middle. Then again maybe this is because the app is for an iOS platform. So far I like the screen and brightness. Have not flown yet but plan to do kind of a shoot out between both Tablets. Android vs. Apple. I want to see which is best in the sun light and if there are any annoying green and purple lines on the tablet. I know the tab 2S does have this issue but not often. And again the interference is only on the tablet and the video saved on the tablet not on the SD card. I did fly this evening with my Samsung S7 edge and did have the lines of interference. Hoping the Mini 4 does better....

Reactions: Donald Renaud
Go look up on the 32 channel hack. Strangely I had this massive video feed interference whenever i fly my P4 but never on my P3A. I thought my P4 was a lemon until I brought up the HD settings and yup, the channel i'm on is bad so I just switched to a cleaner channel and i never got any breaks in my video feed ever again.

Phantomnoobpilot, what channel are you using? How can i set the mannual channel? Im facing a lot og hang/breaks in the image. Looks like the refresh is made in 1 or 2 secound. Lot of delay

Phantomnoobpilot, what channel are you using? How can i set the mannual channel? Im facing a lot og hang/breaks in the image. Looks like the refresh is made in 1 or 2 secound. Lot of delay

the clean channels will vary for everyone and it depends on your surroundings also. Click the HD tab and click on custom and manually select your channel from there, select the one with the least interference.

these issue is really confused, when i play the video on my pc directly from SD card, at beginning appears green, then copy to hard disk and play and sometimes its the green present, other times is normal...
really dont know...

Final out come. I ended up taking back the Samsung tablet. The Mini 4 works great, have had no annoying green, purple, or gray bar interference the the Mini 4. The screen brightness is about the same for both tablets, need a hood on a bright sunny day. Now I feel confidant that I will not loose connection and the bars that would block the view on the tablet are the thing of the past. Now I just need to learn the iOS operating system.

Well I had the same lines but my all so show up in the video but they replaced the quadcopter and the new one is great and I use a Samsung note 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic