Video from gopro 3+ isn't saving video only audio

FRS

Reaction score
My gopro is creating a file, and it is a very large file, also recently changed to 2.7k 30 fps before my flights. I had 3 really awesome flights that I guess are now lost due to them only having audio in the file. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

FRS said:
My gopro is creating a file, and it is a very large file, also recently changed to 2.7k 30 fps before my flights. I had 3 really awesome flights that I guess are now lost due to them only having audio in the file. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

how sure are you about the file containing only audio?

I mean, if it's large, it's most likely because it has the video saved on it.

What platform are you using? Wich software for the playback? Do you have all your video codecs up-to-date? I'd say it's probably some sort of codec problem.
Don't delete those files, I bet you still got your video in there ;)

Try another computer maybe?

Let us know

cheers!

Hmm.. weird. I usually open them up from the windows explorer with no problem but today it just played the audio. I then tried to open them and gopro studio and the files had video. I will update codecs but I'm hoping that was just a fluke lol. Thanks for the advice.

For the easiest codec update google "cole2k" and download either the standard or advanced one. They're both free.

My friends previous version of iMac had trouble to run the 2.7 GoPro footage as it needs a lot more juice to run than FullHD footage. Either you have really slow computer in todays standards or its a codec issue. I would suggest you getting the so called Classic Media Player. For me it has worked. Computers that have had hard time to even run the footage smoothly have been able to do so with CMP.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4