Video footage

Reaction score
I've just come back from my first successful flight. Very happy I've downloaded the footage and made a small video (not the best) but I've noticed the quality doesn't seem to be that of 1080p? Is there further rendering to do or is there an option to download in hd quality?

Your help would be much appreciated

I've just come back from my first successful flight. Very happy I've downloaded the footage and made a small video (not the best) but I've noticed the quality doesn't seem to be that of 1080p? Is there further rendering to do or is there an option to download in hd quality?

Your help would be much appreciated
The proper video footage is stored on the micro sd card in your Phantom's camera. The footage that's saved on your tablet or smartphone is of much lower quality and might be a bit choppy. Which files are you editing?

The proper video footage is stored on the micro sd card in your Phantom's camera. The footage that's saved on your tablet or smartphone is of much lower quality and might be a bit choppy. Which files are you editing?
It's just the files direct from the app. I'm assuming I'll have to put the sd card into my mac and retrieve the hd file that way?

It's just the files direct from the app. I'm assuming I'll have to put the sd card into my mac and retrieve the hd file that way?
Yes, that is correct. The footage on the memory card is of much better quality and is free from any artifacts and choppiness caused by interference.

you can run a USB micro to USB to the computer from the camera on the bird and grab your footage that way, just jack it in download them and you have your high res footage...

The pictures you take with it are the same way too. Cached on your mobile device. I know I can transfer the original pictures wireless from the bird when it's on, but haven't tried the videos yet. I'm sure it would take longer than just popping your micro sd card out.

Reactions: GodFear17
Thanks guys, I've got the footage directly from the card and the quality is a lot better. It's makes sense now as the file is 2gb It just means if I want to edit the video in high res I'll have to use an external program on my mac.
The editor on the go app is really easy to use but the resolution is poor due to the small file size

Reactions: GodFear17

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4