Video flickering

Reaction score
I apologize for the poor editing (I'm obviously new to video).

Any idea why there are flickering lines, and some choppiness in this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure if it's due to Youtube upload process or my export process via Final Cut Pro. Or maybe coming from P3P camera? Time to change white, rubber camera mounts/dampeners?

I would check if it happens to the video before editing (raw footage). if it only happens after exporting try exporting to a different file. I use premiere pro cc and export in H.264 which gives me a .mp4
Also flickering can happen in very bright colors maybe try a ND filter.
Hope this helps

I would check if it happens to the video before editing (raw footage). if it only happens after exporting try exporting to a different file. I use premiere pro cc and export in H.264 which gives me a .mp4
Also flickering can happen in very bright colors maybe try a ND filter.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I haven't noticed it before editing, but I'll have to check again. I'm on a MBPr, so not sure that would make a difference. I did export in H.254 and I think it was .mov because of Quicktime, but I'll have to check that as well. I'm at work now so I'll check those later tonight.

As for the filter, I used filters before (not for that video) and they gave my videos a different color tint, kind of grayish. I didn't like it. Maybe I could've color graded it since I record in d-log (I think that's my setting). Again, I'm totally new to this video thing and am trying to get a hang of it. I'm used to RAW photos and know how to edit, hence, my attempt with d-log for videos.

Using Final Cut Pro X to edit, I had the same issue - flickering lines. The video needs to be deinterlaced. I found this quick YouTube video that shows how to deinterlace the video -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope this makes a difference for you....

No Problem. I am still learning lots my self. yes it is very similar to raw photo editing. The d-log will give you a flat gray with less Contrast which then can be edited and bring out much more color detail and dynamic range. I am still learning my self and the best way i find for me is to watch some guides on YouTube to get an idea on how it works and then just play with the curves,color wheels, Contrast...... There is some really cool things you can do and transform your video to the way you want it to look. I could recommend some videos but i use premiere pro but if you search for things like "Final cut pro color grading" on you tube and you should get some good videos.
Also for the flickering try playing with white balance and exposure because that can cause flickering.
Tom's tech has a good video here explaining some of the phantoms camera settings.
Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic