Video feed suddenly went out!

Reaction score
I'm totally baffled!! Packed my Phantom 2 on Friday of last week to head up to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. I actually got no flight time due to all the partying. Literally just unpacked my Phantom 2 to go up and fly around the neighborhood and when I powered up the monitor I got the Black Pearl logo and then got no picture from the Gopro. I checked all connections and everything looks good. I also went thru all the channels on the monitor to see maybe if I accidentally changed a channel and nothing. Does anyone know where I should start to troubleshoot this issue?
4sld0h.jpg

Check the ribbon cable connecting the USB plug to the camera, it only takes a tiny fracture to compromise the video feed...it usually happens right at the point it joins the board with the USB plug.

@ Oi Photography, that sure was the problem Brother. Can't thank you guys enough for the help, took all of 5mins to install the extra one that I found in the gimbal box...
16jhms7.jpg

Glad to help! The video has been taken down, did you get that part figured out?

If you end up going through those ribbon cables a lot (which is easy to do even if you try to be careful with it), it's possible to swap in the rear port from an H3-2D or early H3-3D that had one. Since the Hero4 requires the USB port there's owners out there who are getting rid of the port to switch to the ribbon cable like you have...you should be able to find one pretty easy right now on ebay, or just post a wanted ad in the classifieds here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav