Reaction score
Hi everybody!
So, like a lot of people around here, I also have a Phantom Vision 2 + with video feed problem. When I press the REC button (or try to take a pic), I get the shutter animation followed by a black screen with "Phantom connection broken" and the video feed never gets back. I need to restart eveything to get back the video feed.

The first time I tried to fix the issue, I was told that it's caused by a bad wifi module inside the Phantom (apparently they get hot and burn out quite often), so I bought one of eBay (used), but that changed nothing. It might just be, that the seller sent me a bad one, but can't really test it.

Then I read that DJI released an app update that bricked the range extender which also caused a loss of the video feed. I can't tell if this caused the problem, because I was given this drone already with the broken video feed and I don't know which app versions were used before it was give to me.
But I doubt that the problem is caused by bricked RE, because as far as I know you totaly lose the video feed after you brick the RE. But I have the video feed, even 100m/60ft away while flying, I just lose it when trying to rec a video.

So far I've tried to change several phones, android and Iphone, several versions of Vision app, Lichti app, charged everyting, changed batteries, tried several SD cards, put the phone into airplane mode with only wifi enabled, tried to fly in the middle of nowhere to not have signal inteference, checked all the cables,.....

Also one thing I noticed, I never get anything written on the SD card when I try to record a video apart from the usual DCIM folder. I don't even get any corrupt video files or pics, nothing. There is an option in Vision app to start/keep recording video when the connection is lost, I tried to force video recording that way, but I still got no files on the SD card...thats what's the most weird thing to me here.

I suspect that it's the gimbal (motherboard) thats faulty in my case, but to replace that it's just to expensive at this point. Tho, the gimbal works fine, I can control it in the air no problemo, so I really don't know....

Anyone here with a similar problems or even a solution?
any other thing I can try before burning evertyhing up?

mine has the same symptoms, however i do not have live feed at all. i will inspect the ribbon cable and try to replace it. i am a bit hopeless, i think i will disassemble it and sell it as parts - as is. and never buy dji again :(

well, if you don't have the feed at all, it might be that your range extender is bricked... did you used Vision app version 1.0.58 / 1.0.60? I think one of those two versions forced an update of the extender which then in most cases bricked the extender.
In that case only thing you can do right now is to buy a new range extender, since DJI haven't released an app update that would "unbrick" the extender.
I am also thinking of selling it for parts, but before I want to know exactly which parts are good - I don't want so sell someone a broken gimbal or anything and then deal with refunds....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj