Video Feed Issues

Reaction score
I know this issue has been discussed ad nauseam but I'm having the following issues:
I have a P4 with a Micro SD Transcend Premium 400x 64gb card.
When flying now not at a far distance at all, sometimes happens right on tackoff the screen gets funky lines, that are pink, green, etc.. The video lags and skips. I also get the video transmission lost off and on. Some of the photos the bottom half will be gray. I will have beautiful video and then bam it gets all scrambled for a few seconds. I am using a Samsung S6 for the screen. Trying to figure out what tablet to buy. I saw a post saying DJI will be producing a new tablet that is the "next best thing" soon so I'm curious about that now and do not want to rush and get a new tablet to find out DJI is coming out with something.

Thanks in advance for any help.
~Andrea~

The new firmware also caused this on my tablet, I reverted to older firmware and all is back to normal. I think this is a ploy from dji to get us to consider the new crystal tablet coming out soon ... it's working!

Reactions: ICULookin
I flew my new P4 shortly late yesterday afternoon and then again this morning for the first time. My Android tablet did the same thing yesterday so this morning I used my Motorola Droid 2. Both devices had worked beautifully for all of 2016 with my P3A. I tried switching back from GO4 to the original GO App and they both showed the wide green and pink bands across the screen. However, they were not there all the time (mostly when the bird was close to me ... on the ground and after lift off) and I managed a normal flight in spite of them.

The new firmware also caused this on my tablet, I reverted to older firmware and all is back to normal. I think this is a ploy from dji to get us to consider the new crystal tablet coming out soon ... it's working!
Hmm I haven't updated the firmware. You are probably right on the crystal tablet. I did a live session with DJI Support and they could not tell me when they would be available or how much they were going to be. Sighhhhh

I flew my new P4 shortly late yesterday afternoon and then again this morning for the first time. My Android tablet did the same thing yesterday so this morning I used my Motorola Droid 2. Both devices had worked beautifully for all of 2016 with my P3A. I tried switching back from GO4 to the original GO App and they both showed the wide green and pink bands across the screen. However, they were not there all the time (mostly when the bird was close to me ... on the ground and after lift off) and I managed a normal flight in spite of them.
So do you think it is a tablet/phone thing? I am getting the pink, green and gray bands on both video and photos. Also lagging video and lines running through during video. It is "off and on". I don't know what to do as the opinions on this forum are "sd card", "tablet" or software. Frustrating for sure!

So do you think it is a tablet/phone thing? I am getting the pink, green and gray bands on both video and photos. Also lagging video and lines running through during video. It is "off and on". I don't know what to do as the opinions on this forum are "sd card", "tablet" or software. Frustrating for sure!
When me tablet was freaking out, my FPV goggles using the hdmi port was working as usual, so the AC to RC is working fine, with the stuff going on in the app my tablet can't keep up anymore. ALL this live feed and share stuff with photo and video editors should be a add on you could install IF desired. I already have good editing software I don't want or need bloatware.

Check on your computer the images from your card, if they are good your phone or tablet just can't keep up. I your tablet(phone) remove all bloatware (apps) your don't need, disable all notifications for all apps in your settings, disable google play auto updates, once your maps are cashed in GO turn off wifi and go to airplane mode. Try to only run GO when flying, also turning off cash video in GO, all this will help.

I'm in the camp that blames the software :mad:

I'm in the camp that blames the software :mad:
It`s not that the software is bad, it`s that the software is getting too demanding with all the add on's for the equipment we used to be able to fly with no problems. In most software installes we can custom install the options we want or need, it would be nice to have that option in GO. ICU did not blame anything! he is looking for a solution and in this forum we try to find one.

Last edited:
It`s not that the software is bad, it`s that the software is getting too demanding with all the add on's for the equipment we used to be able to fly with no problems. In most software installes we can custom install the options we want or need, it would be nice to have that option in GO. ICU did not blame anything! he is looking for a solution and in this forum we try to find one. If your not part of the solution your part of the problem.

I thought my initial post was meant to be helpful as I provided input relative to the two different displays that I tried, having had the same problem. Then the OP asked the question .... "So do you think it is a tablet/phone thing?" I figured he had misunderstood what I had said so I added the software comment as a means of clarification. I never said that the software was "bad". I guess I'll stop trying to help people here if there are people who have nothing better to do than judge and criticize others o_O

I thought my initial post was meant to be helpful as I provided input relative to the two different displays that I tried, having had the same problem. Then the OP asked the question .... "So do you think it is a tablet/phone thing?" I figured he had misunderstood what I had said so I added the software comment as a means of clarification. I never said that the software was "bad". I guess I'll stop trying to help people here if there are people who have nothing better to do than judge and criticize others o_O
Keep on helping Travels, your first post was very good. It's good to see you tried GO with two different droids, with the older apps pre 4 I would sometimes get banding when close to the bird at take off and as soon as I would fly away the screen would return to normal. This was probably cause by signal strenth being too high added to I don't know what, with the new app it's bad all the time. Many with IOS have no problems and the new crystal screen will be android, I don't get it, why doe's dji make firmware that runs better in IOS if there going android?

Travels , I thank everyone for their help. I understood your initial post and again thank you for the information.It all gets a tad confusing for newbies. btw I am a "she" LOL ....:p ~Andrea

You might try disabling decoder, or enable? The screen will act up during the change over, one or the other might help you. Also using a dedicated device with absolutely nothing on it but iCloud and Dji go4 works great for me. I was having the same problem until I dedicated a device

Reactions: Travels with Yoly
Travels , I thank everyone for their help. I understood your initial post and again thank you for the information.It all gets a tad confusing for newbies. btw I am a "she" LOL ....:p ~Andrea
Yoly is also a "she" ... I'm her husband however ... if you check our YouTube channel, all will be explained :)

You might try disabling decoder, or enable? The screen will act up during the change over, one or the other might help you. Also using a dedicated device with absolutely nothing on it but iCloud and Dji go4 works great for me. I was having the same problem until I dedicated a device
This is good advice and is something that is easy to overlook. I use the cellphone and tablet on a daily basis and more often than not, forget to switch off bluetooth and wifi and other functions before using it as the display for DJI GO(4).

Reactions: Fancher9-76
Everyone tries to tell you it's SD card, but I beg to differ as all my devices are new just release and all have 32gb ultra HD cards 90mb per second all latest firmware the DJI app comes along and the banding on the screen comes so it is definitely DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik