Video feed drops out....

Reaction score
I went for the first flight in a few weeks today and noticed something that just started with me and didn't notice any threads on it so I'm asking ,the video feed is refreshing/rolling every 6-9 seconds ,its like turning a page in a book , this is the first time this ever happened to me I tried several different locations and at every one its the same thing . Am I alone with this or ....

If the feed is not stable, it points to loose USB cable connection. Check cable and ports on RC and on tablet.

Reactions: KingDad1985
I gave two different cords a try and the same thing happens to each of them,it just keeps flipping after several seconds of feed..

Cable may be good but port may be bad.

Did you notice if the latest ios go4 update still has the enable/disable geo switch? Thanks.

The newest firmware seems to be overloading the tablet's CPU. Try going to the HD setting tab, then under the Video Download section select Custom, then 6Mb/s and see what happens.

[edited: originally I had typed in "Try going to the HAD setting tab..." instead of "... the HD setting tab..." by mistake, and subsequent posts on this thread revealed that typo. Sorry for that!]

Last edited:
Reactions: lickitysplit11111
The newest firmware seems to be overloading the tablet's CPU. Try going to the HAD setting tab, then under the Video Download section select Custom, then 6Mb/s and see what happens.

Which is the HAD setting please?

I never even noticed that setting...
Could you please notice? It's been difficult getting an answer from anyone. It's under general settings in the app. The geo enable/disable slider is either there or it's not if it's not, that could explain why you never noticed it. This is absolutely key for me (and many others) in considering updating the ios app. Thanks.

Could you please notice? It's been difficult getting an answer from anyone. It's under general settings in the app. The geo enable/disable slider is either there or it's not if it's not, that could explain why you never noticed it. This is absolutely key for me (and many others) in considering updating the ios app. Thanks.

Nope nothin there

Great, geo is now mandatory in ios and Android too now. I will never update my ios app now. Dji in this regard of complete overreach, you suck.

Thanks for checking this for me.

Great, geo is now mandatory in ios and Android too now. I will never update my ios app now. Dji in this regard of complete overreach, you suck.
Thanks for checking this for me.

Yes - that "Geo System" slider is gone. It was replaced by an entry "Unlocking List" where unlock information can be synchronized.
There is the option in the map view of the app if you want to get warnings about different zones or if those should be ignored. But I guess this is not what you are talking about.

Yes - that "Geo System" slider is gone. It was replaced by an entry "Unlocking List" where unlock information can be synchronized.
There is the option in the map view of the app if you want to get warnings about different zones or if those should be ignored. But I guess this is not what you are talking about.
Thank you. No that's not what I'm looking for. If you don't get stung by geo you're lucky. Professionally speaking, it's an unwelcome intrusion.

I'm getting a lot of video blanking out on my iPhone 5s, picture breaking up and going to a green screen then getting video feed back.
Have looked under the HD image transmission settings and I have the option to select 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz, the Auto select button is highlighted in blue and the Custom button is greyed out and in able to be selected.
Using DJI Go 4.1.5

Just seen a message to update to iOS10.3.3 that wasn't there 10 minutes ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic