Video feed constantly lags out 640x480 30 fps

Reaction score
I just bought A Vision +. and took it for its madien flight and I can't fly it at 640x480 30fps without it laging out durinmythe flight. I dumb it down to 320x240 30 fps and it works alot better but this is not a problem that I encounter on my regular Vision at all. Could this be caused by upgrading to 3.12? Cause I am no expert but the video signal should be the same bandwidth on both drones why cant I run 640 x 480 on my plus?

First 640x480 at 30 fps never worked for me
I had to go ( 640x480 ( 15fps )

This happened to me once, a while back.
I ended up ( uninstalling ) my app, and then reinstalling
It back. On my iPhone 4s. Also check your memory level on
Phone, if it is mostly or all used up it will slow your phone/tablet
Down, causing delay FPV! I would delete any unused or unwanted
Apps, video from device to free up some space, then turn phone off
Completely, then reboot it to clear it out.

Give it a shot, to see if it is fixed? I would try the 640x48015fps might work!

Let us know?

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Hello,
That is weird? It is most likely a ( device issue ) phone/tablet!
But, not sure what is happening?
Do you happen to have any other device, you could temporarily
Setup to see if it occurs there as well? This would help figure out
Phone issue, or wi-fi problem?

I believe there is a place to downgrade your bird back to older firmware,
But I do not know how to do it. I will ask and search how to downgrade for you
And get back to you on it.

My next step would be try device #2, this will
Let us know more about what we are dealing with!
Can you borrow a friends device for this experiment?

J Dot

I think the location plays a big part of it and how much wifi traffic is in the area.

I can get 350meters plus at 640 at 30 fps in some locations other locations i have to go down to 320 at 15fps.

When you've exhausted the software/phone path and get no success, then the issues may be internal of the bird. You don't mentioned what version of P2V+ you have, can I assume V3?

I experienced what I believe to be poor connection that contributed to my loss of FPV resolution. Several threads here about the video subject whether reduced FPV or reduction in GPS count when recording. Two things helped my situation. Gps Foil mod and then GPS plug fix, both combined seemed to resolve my issue.

Good luck!

I installed the android app "wifi prioritizer" and use it to select the phantom when I set up to fly with no problems now when I am around places that have wifi signals. I just flew to around 1300' away a couple days ago with perfect video feed at the highest resolution setting. Might be worth a try for you.

In addition to what RichWest said, you might also be interested in knowing that you will get the quad max distance capability by flying with the lowest display setting of 320x240 15fps.

Yeah I can fly my Vision 1300 1400 ft all day at max settings but my Vision Plus lags out before I leave the ground I tried an Iphone 5 today and the signal was fine max settings to 700 to 800 ft so at least I know its something with my phone and not hardware issues thanks i will look into the wifi priortizer app

98ABD2CE-037C-46E7-A913-7DF42BD56CCE.png_zpsytgtxl1k.jpeg

A+

J Dot

I don't like Vision Plus's video downlink at all. For me, there are strong lag spikes in every resolution, and I end up using the 320x240 15fps so I get less delay. Totally regret buying because of this :/

I don't like Vision Plus's video downlink at all. For me, there are strong lag spikes in every resolution, and I end up using the 320x240 15fps so I get less delay. Totally regret buying because of this :/

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20