Video fault,vertical lines in light and noise in shadow

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had my P4 for about three months, started noticing some vertical lines in bright cloud and white objects like boats cars, and noise in shadow area. First thought it might be the camera settings, played with them, bought and used filters, had some great footage spoilt with this problem, ended up contacting the store I purchased it from ( I live quite remote so is not as easy as it sounds) and talked to them on the problem and the things I had done to try to resolve the problem. They organised the return of the P4 with some footage of the first vids shot with it and some recent ones.
They replaced my P4 straight away and told me there was a problem with a sensor in the camera.
The new P4 footage is perfect and so simple to set the camera on manual now and just leave ( find the Polarpro ND8-PL Filter great during the day ).
Anyway thought I would share the problem and result's with you all in the hope that if someone else is having the same issue it might help them out and stop them spending months as I did trying to adjust and reset things thinking it was something I was doing.
There are obviously going to be faulty cameras out there, and if you look close enough at the very first vid shot with it you can just make out the beginning's of it, it steadily got worse.
ps, the problem was barely noticeable when the vid was rendered and compressed up until the last couple of weeks where it was even noticeable in the post rendered footage.
Cheers.

Reactions: VVATC
First vid with the new camera !!.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm having the same issue with my P4. Glad to hear it's not a camera setting. I've been making myself crazy trying to figure out how to adjust the exposure to reduce the effect. I just started a thread on the DJI forum. I'm hoping Best Buy will do an even exchange - I've only had the aircraft for just over a month. Otherwise I'll be visiting the DJI service center in L.A. since I only live about 90 minutes north.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers