Video Editing

Reaction score
Just had my first 2 flights tonight. Very cool. I am a realtor and will be making videos of my listings. What is the easiest software to use to make a good quality video with sound and narriative text...?

Adobe Premier is one of the best, although not the easiest. You can go to the website and take the tutorial to see if it fits your needs.

Not a Realtor, but if I was, I would use Pinnacle Studio for iPad! Take you photos, use Apples Camera Connect Kit to add the Phantom video clips, edit the final video and add some music to finish the task, upload the final product all while still at the property. No PC, no WOOPS I need another shot, no need to find time at home or at the office to get a final video. No question. iPad with data plan/P2V+/CCK.....start to finish all done!

RedRyderMedia said:
Not a Realtor, but if I was, I would use Pinnacle Studio for iPad! Take you photos, use Apples Camera Connect Kit to add the Phantom video clips, edit the final video and add some music to finish the task, upload the final product all while still at the property. No PC, no WOOPS I need another shot, no need to find time at home or at the office to get a final video. No question. iPad with data plan/P2V+/CCK.....start to finish all done!

I hate Apple, I am all Samsung, Nexus 10 Tablet and Galaxy S5 phone....

Adobe Premiere is probably the gold standard for video editing on the desktop (or fast laptop). I'm already salivating at the idea of editing 4K footage on it with the GoPro HERO 4! Also, Photoshop and Premiere have the correct lens profile to fix the barrel distortion seen in Phantom Vision+ video files. :mrgreen:

Learn how to download files using BitTorrent and you can get Adobe Premiere for FREE. Still baffles me why people pay $600 when you can get it free using a torrent file. I downloaded the entire Adobe CS6 Master Collection from KickAssTorrents.com. Sure beats paying over $2,500 for that awesome bundle. :p

MadMitch88 said:
Adobe Premiere is probably the gold standard for video editing on the desktop (or fast laptop). I'm already salivating at the idea of editing 4K footage on it with the GoPro HERO 4! Also, Photoshop and Premiere have the correct lens profile to fix the barrel distortion seen in Phantom Vision+ video files. :mrgreen:

Learn how to download files using BitTorrent and you can get Adobe Premiere for FREE. Still baffles me why people pay $600 when you can get it free using a torrent file. I downloaded the entire Adobe CS6 Master Collection from KickAssTorrents.com. Sure beats paying over $2,500 for that awesome bundle. :p

I don't know where to begin with that post above. I wouldn't go round posting how you've stolen $2,500 worth of software, might be something you should keep to yourself. That's like saying I don't know why people buy their car when you can just steal one haha

Also IMO Premiere isn't the gold standard in the industry, I think Avid would hold that title but I use Premiere and think it is still a great editing program for this kind of stuff. May be overkill for your needs though so there are easier and cheaper alternatives.

Scott are you using a GoPro? w/FPV? (Vision 2)

We almost need a section for shooting still subjects. (Houses, Cars, etc.) There's a lot of tricks to learn about shooting stationary things. In most cases you'll want a few still photo's and the video. Also setting the GoPro to the best setting where you don't end up with props in the top is a plus.

Have you researched Home Lock and Course Lock?

I have a couple of Videos with a house as the subject.

Checking your Posts, you have a Vision 2.

I never see anyone posting anything about Sony Vegas. I too am new to the video editing, but Vegas seemed pretty easy for me to learn. I was going to go with Adobe but a friend of mine who does this on a daily basis recommended Vegas.

Anyone else used Vegas or how about comparing Vegas to Premier?

You can get Adobe premiere elements and Photoshop elements 12 for $99 on Amazon which is what I have. I didn't see the need to spend $600 on the pro versions. You can compare features online but for video editing it works great for me. I can't compare with Vegas since I haven't used it enough.
Premiere is easy to learn I think especially with built-in tutorials

Great thread! I am thinking of buying a Phantom myself and appreciate all the tips I can get.

Does any of the programs mentioned support reversing the video? i.e if you have closeup of a person, and fly away while filming the person and a car driving in reverse in the background. If you play the video opposite way I think that could make some great shots. Specially if you fly the Phantom far away.

Does any of the programs mentioned support reversing the video? i.e if you have closeup of a person, and fly away while filming the person and a car driving in reverse in the background. If you play the video opposite way I think that could make some great shots. Specially if you fly the Phantom far away.

I can't imagine them all not having reversing capability. I know for sure that Vegas does, however, it's not very smooth on the preview. That may change once it renders but I haven't tried it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31