Video Editing Software?

I downloaded director but cannot use as it doesn't support 4 k

John, the trial version has limitation: "2K/4K resolution H.264 video files are not supported" but the full version does.

"PowerDirector supports end-to-end editing of 4K and 2K Ultra HD video format. With resolution up to 4096 x 2160, you can create crystal clear videos at 4 times higher resolution than Full HD."
PowerDirector 14 Ultra

Basically, the trial version is for you to test drive the overall features, etc.

It work fine for me, but after I got it I realized I did not want to wait for my computer to process projects to long. So I got a new box with i7, 16 GB Ram and 4g Video. It all runs great!

That's a nice box! I'm drooling. :) I'm also planning to get a new box but Intel Core i5-4570T Dual-core 2.90 GHz. Hope it's sufficient for my simple usage. :)

How about Wondershare Video Editor as a simpler alternative to Final Cut Pro? Any experience with it?

Edit: May not be able to handle 4K?
I use wondershare filmora and it's perfect for what I need and cheap. Works well on my Mac and easy to use.

So I got a new box with i7, 16 GB Ram and 4g Video. It all runs great!

I understand, and know, the feeling. Like you, I also felt the need to upgrade. I went from an AMD A-8 based laptop, to one with a 4th-gen Core-i7, and a GTX 960M graphics card w/ 2GB. I also upgraded the 8GB RAM to 16GB of 2133MHz Corsair Vengeance RAM, and replaced the 1TB hybrid drive with a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD. It's more than enough power for editing videos and/or playing games.

Last edited:
Sorry for the peripheral topic to the P3, but what is the most favored video editing software that people use to edit their footage?

I use windows 8, PlayMemories, Movie Studios Platinum 12 from Sony and download video from my sony Action Cam and edit video nicely. However, when I try to download video and pictures from my Phantom 3 to my computer like I do with my Action Cam, the only thing that comes through is the pictures. I think the same thing happened when I tried to borrow my buddies GoPro. It makes me think I have to have a specific program to transfer the video from the drone to my PC. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

However, when I try to download video and pictures from my Phantom 3 to my computer like I do with my Action Cam, the only thing that comes through is the pictures. I think the same thing happened when I tried to borrow my buddies GoPro. It makes me think I have to have a specific program to transfer the video from the drone to my PC. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

You don't need any special software to extract the video files in your P3 SD card. Both photos & videos are inside the same folder. How did you download the pic from your P3 to your computer? Did you plug the micro SD card into your PC? Or thru an external card reader?

You don't need any special software to extract the video files in your P3 SD card. Both photos & videos are inside the same folder. How did you download the pic from your P3 to your computer? Did you plug the micro SD card into your PC? Or thru an external card reader?

I connect the usb cord directly to my pc. PlayMemories automatically asks if I want to download the files (just like from my ActionCam) and the pics come but not the vids. If I hook up a GoPro camera, the same thing happens. Is there something that I have to load to allow the video to come along with the pics?

I connect the usb cord directly to my pc. PlayMemories automatically asks if I want to download the files (just like from my ActionCam) and the pics come but not the vids. If I hook up a GoPro camera, the same thing happens. Is there something that I have to load to allow the video to come along with the pics?
Get you one of these-- they are less than 10 dollars-- take out the SD card, put it in the reader, plug it in to your computer, open the DCIM folder on the card and all the files, video and pictures will be in that file. Select and drag them to your hard drive, and you are done.:)
1425053185000_897900[1].jpg

Reactions: pchin2
I connect the usb cord directly to my pc.

I tried connecting the drone directly to my laptop via the USB cable & it can't even detect the micro SD card (inside the P3). :confused:

It's best to remove the micro SD card & do as per the outlined steps by bobmyers. :)

Perhaps, you have a SD card adaptor lying around somewhere in your house or office that you can use.
41hO%2BCJsqEL.jpg

I just tried putting the mini card in the reader and got the same result- the video files never came along with the pics. FYI- i know they are in there because I can connect the drone directly to my PC and view them on my F drive. When I disconnect, the videos stop streaming. Am I missing s setting on something?

Can I ask those who use FCP X and shoot in Log what LUT they would recommend? A link would be much appreciated!

If you are new to video editing, Sony Vegas is the easiest to learn to use and you can be editing your first project less than an hour. If you like paying a ransom, many editors rent Adobe Premiere. But the Premiere user interface is really confusing for the new editor so you may have your first project done in a day. If you are looking for a career in TV or movie editing, then you need to learn Avid. You may finish your first project after a week of cursing. (Avid editors enjoy their remarkably complex workflow because it guarantees them the big bucks).

I usually avoid these discussions because asking for opinions about Editing Software is like asking about religion.

There is no bad editing software, just bad editors. Your editing program is just a tool. If your tools don't do the job, it's time for a new tool.

The decision of which program to use depends on too many variables to be selected from other people's experiences.

I am certain that you will find few, if any unbiased responses to the question: "Which editor should I learn and use"? You are discovering the "Baby Duck Syndrome" which denotes the tendency for editors to "imprint" on the first system they learn, then judge other systems by their similarity to that first system. The result is that users generally prefer systems similar to those they learned on and dislike unfamiliar systems.

My advice is simple. Most of the modern NLE programs offer free trials and low-cost entry-level options (under $100):

Sony Vegas
Avid
Adobe
Corel
Magix
Lightworx

There's dozens of others. All have some strengths and all have some limitations. They are all great and they all suck. It costs nothing but time to try all of them with a test project and select the one that best fits your needs.

Hope this helps.
I have a P4 Pro Plus and Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 on Windows computer. How do you get the Vegas software to recognize the P4 video? For some reason Vegas is not recognizing the video therefore I am unable to edit the video. Thank you in advance!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj