Video Editing Programs

Reaction score
What programs does everyone reccomend? I am looking for something that is simple/self explanatory like imovie on the iphone. Otherwise all suggestions are apreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Watching.

I've been using Corel Visual Studio for some time (last three versions), but used Adobe Premier before that... Corel is much simpler, and there are a lot of other programs similar that are pretty simple.

I've been using Corel Visual Studio for some time (last three versions), but used Adobe Premier before that... Corel is much simpler, and there are a lot of other programs similar that are pretty simple.

Is it subscription or one time charge?

Final cut pro x is easy and good. I would recommend a plug in that lets you load luts and makes the colour grading process more intuitive if you go that way though.

windows movie maker-video editing
adobe lightroom-photo editing
microsoft ice-panorama stitching

I've been trying to get the hang of Final Cut Pro x

Search on-line for a guy called Larry Jordan - he does a lot of good stuff with Final Cut Pro X. I have a complete set of his videos which are very useful. The only thing when you're getting started is that he concentrates early on on setting up the Libraries / projects / events - which, while important later on, can be very boring and seemingly unimportant. But when you have worked through the course, you'll understand why he does this.

You might be lucky enough to be able to torrent the whole course, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Top tip - store all of your media in a separate hard drive or you'll fill your computer quickly and when importing to FCPX, select the option to leave files in place or you will also fill the hard drive too! Export using H.264 and the file size won't be huge.

Reactions: Excavator99
I still have found nothing that is as easy or works as well as Cyperlink- PowerDirector
if tony says use power director you use it hey bud lol!! I have it on my pc but never used it,do you mainly use it for video editing?

I have used Power Director and have Power Director 14 installed. Back in May 2015 I started using adobe premiere pro cc 2015 a lot.

I have used filmora and i do suggest that software. Its amizing easy and full of nice effect
Check my video in my you tube channel and see haw nice its

Depends on the platform and end purpose. Everything I do is non-pro. I use iMovie on a MacBook Air and love it. Simple, cheap and does great stuff.

I tried Corel a few years back, pretty decent and no "Adobe Tax." I am dropping the few Adobe items I have as the monthly model does not work well for my future lifestyle.

I have a bunch of apps on both the iPad and iPhone for photos, a number of green screen, text overlay and editing apps like Camera + and Touch Retouch.

I've not tried video editing on the IOS devices, just not had the time as I tend to run yachtnet type applications on those.

Search on-line for a guy called Larry Jordan - he does a lot of good stuff with Final Cut Pro X. I have a complete set of his videos which are very useful. The only thing when you're getting started is that he concentrates early on on setting up the Libraries / projects / events - which, while important later on, can be very boring and seemingly unimportant. But when you have worked through the course, you'll understand why he does this.

You might be lucky enough to be able to torrent the whole course, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

Top tip - store all of your media in a separate hard drive or you'll fill your computer quickly and when importing to FCPX, select the option to leave files in place or you will also fill the hard drive too! Export using H.264 and the file size won't be huge.

Thank you sir !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj