video download fail

Reaction score
just had my first flight today but cant get the video to play on my windows8 pc. i am going nuts with this now im afraid. its a bit useless if i cant get video to playback with any software. i can view stills ok but not video.

That's odd, they should play in the windows media player.
A nice alternative one you can download for free is VLC player.
It will play almost anything.

However I suspect your real problem is the video was not finalised properly before the phantom was turned off.
It can take at least a minute to finish writing and close the file properly.
It might finalise it now if you put the card back in and restart, not guaranteed though.

More details might be helpful.

What are the file details of the video you are trying to play? What application is it trying to open in? What is the error message, if any? Have you tried another computer?

4wd might be on to something. The file may be corrupt.

Wyenut said:
just had my first flight today but cant get the video to play on my windows8 pc. i am going nuts with this now im afraid. its a bit useless if i cant get video to playback with any software. i can view stills ok but not video. someone please put me out of my misery before i give up on this expensive piece of plastic.

The VLC media player (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html) will play phantom video files. If you cannot play the file with VLC, the file is corrupted and must be repaired. This often happens when you power off the phantom before you stop the video record.

If the file is corrupt, you can repair the file using Do-It-Yourself Video Repair Software (VRT).
http://grauonline.de/cms2/

The trial version only saves half of the original file, and like a wise programmer he chose to save the first half - not the last half which most of the time has the interesting footage of the crash/drop/bang/boom. The price is not unreasonable - 5 repairs: 29 EUR or 99 EUR for unlimited.

When repairing, choose Enable AVC1 single mode. Also, the software will ask you to identify a reference movie. You need to chose a reference movie of the same resolution/FPS as the corrupted file.

Thanks all for your replies, issue now resolved. Couple of other niggles in another post but am really enjoying the experience!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers