Video does not seem HD

Reaction score
Lately my video does not seem to be very clear. The camera states 1080 wide with 30fps but when I play on my ipad it does not seam like its HD.

looks good to me..dont expect too much out of the vision+ camera..the sensors are not very good.

You have discovered the difference between resolution and definition.

The Vision+ video camera records its video at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. However, the camera's sensor is of relatively poor quality, and it records at relatively low bit rates. The resulting footage does not have very good definition.

The current GoPro records at the same 1920 x 1080 resolution. That camera has a slightly better sensor, and in Protune mode, records at much higher bit rates. The resulting footage has superior definition.

Also, my Vision+ footage improved when I changed the sharpening setting to "SOFT", and started sharpening it in Premiere Pro.

Thanks for the tip on the SOFT setting on video and sharpening in Premiere Pro. I'll give that a try on mine. The Standard setting looks rather gritty.

It also looks much better if you use the narrow setting rather than wide, although you can't always do that if you need to fit big things in frame (!)

InterMurph said:
Also, my Vision+ footage improved when I changed the sharpening setting to "SOFT", and started sharpening it in Premiere Pro.

Do you use unsharp mask or regular sharpen?
How much roughly to start with?
I've tried this but by the time it seems sharp enough it didn't look any better than just leaving it on default to start with.
However in some conditions there's no doubt it could be better if you don't mind more time spent later.

The Sharpen effect is OK, and can be rendered in real time during playback. The Unsharp Mask effect produces better results, but can't be rendered in real time.

So while I am editing, I use Sharpen set at 50. Then when I am ready to export, I disable Sharpen (very important!), and enable Unsharp Mask at 125/150 and 0.6.

The other must-have effect is Fast Color Corrector. It can be used for color adjustments, but I use it mostly for contrast/tonality adjustments. Here is a fantastic YouTube video that explains how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR1EC8fFLIc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie