Video DL very slow or locked up...

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I had my first flight with the PV2 yesterday and everything went great. I am using the iPhone app as suggested in teh DJI tutorials

Today, I started getting a few "Connection with Phantom 2 has broken" (or something like that). Then the message would disappear but hte video would lag a minute or so behind real time. There was no problem contorlling the PV2 but video DL was unusable as it was strugglin along way far behind. I thought maybe it was because I was too close to houses.

After bringing it back down and recharging the batteries, I went to a wide open area this afternoon. Everything was fine at first then after the PV reached about 60 or 70 ft, the video DL froze. The app was not locked up, just the video part. I was able to fly the craft visually but impossible to see what the camera was looking at.

Any idea what this might be? My iPhone is a 4. Could it be that it is too old? The app version was downloaded yesterday so it should be up to date.

Thank you.
Bo

Bmachine said:
Hello everyone.

I had my first flight with the PV2 yesterday and everything went great. I am using the iPhone app as suggested in teh DJI tutorials

Today, I started getting a few "Connection with Phantom 2 has broken" (or something like that). Then the message would disappear but hte video would lag a minute or so behind real time. There was no problem contorlling the PV2 but video DL was unusable as it was strugglin along way far behind. I thought maybe it was because I was too close to houses.

After bringing it back down and recharging the batteries, I went to a wide open area this afternoon. Everything was fine at first then after the PV reached about 60 or 70 ft, the video DL froze. The app was not locked up, just the video part. I was able to fly the craft visually but impossible to see what the camera was looking at.

Any idea what this might be? My iPhone is a 4. Could it be that it is too old? The app version was downloaded yesterday so it should be up to date.

Thank you.
Bo

It's because you're using an iPhone 4... I too had this problem. At a minimum, it requires an iPhone 4S (I know, major bummer) - I went out and got an iPod (5th gen) instead and it works great! Also, regardless of the iDevice you use, be sure the wifi extender is facing your P2V. If it's not pointed in the general direction, it will lag on you or potentially disconnect altogether (like you've experienced), even at short distances.

I use an iPhone 4 half the time, and I don't have any issues, but I did reduce the preview quality to minimum. I did also have some issue with it inadvertently switching to auto capture mode, and that effected the downlink for sure. After reducing the preview quality, I've had no more issues, and i now always double check that single shot is selected. I haven't tried it on high quality again since, with android or iPads. S perhaps the newer hardware allows for high quality flawless downlink? I try it later, unless someone else can answer that?

Rich

Thank you rbarghini and Richhealth. Very good info. I was worried about the 4 indeed.

Rich, that sounds like a good workaround. Even at default settings, the realtime video DL is pretty crappy. DO you notice much degradation by switching to low? It doesn't really matter all much as long as you can distinguish shapes however.

Bo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic