(VIDEO) Did a wedding last weekend

Reaction score
I am really loving this P3P! Here is a quick edit of a wedding I did last week in North East Maryland on the bay. I wasn't there for the entire reception. Just cocktail hour so I was limited on my footage. I know I have a lot to learn, but I think it came out ok. I did my best to not fly the bird over people. I tried to stay along the outer edge, but some shots did require a flyover.

It was a really nice surprise for them as they had no idea I was coming and I did it for free.

Last edited:
I am really loving this P3P! Here is a quick edit of a wedding I did last week in North East Maryland on the bay. I wasn't there for the entire reception. Just cocktail hour so I was limited on my footage. I know I have a lot to learn, but I think it came out ok. I did my best to not fly the bird over people. I tried to stay along the outer edge, but some shots did require a flyover.

Excellent!!!

Reactions: PhillyAnt

Nice and memorable for the bride and groom!

Nice! I thought it was just a little long. And at no time was the video we saw in sync with what we were listening to. I almost stopped watching so I could take a minute and bust out some stanky leg. lol!

Btw, the end of the peer was the best place ever to get a POI type rotation of the bride & groom kissing. It was good you made sure they held hands throughout the walk on the peer. And the end of the video was also really nice, you just needed to make it appear again in sync with the audio.

I give it overall a 7 out of 10. Pretty **** good for the 1st one though.

Last edited:
Nice! I thought it was just a little long. And at no time was the video we saw in sync with what we were listening to. I almost stopped watching so I could take a minute and bust out some stanky leg. lol!

Btw, the end of the peer was the best place ever to get a POI type rotation of the bride & groom kissing. It was good you made sure they held hands throughout the walk on the peer. And the end of the video was also really nice, you just needed to make it appear again in sync with the audio.

I give it overall a 7 out of 10. Pretty **** goo for the 1st one though.

Thanks! I agree with you 100%, especially on the video not being in sync with the music. I know how to do it and am very capable, especially being that I am a retired DJ (20+ years) who lived off of syncing beats lol. I was really rushed to get the video done. I think the next one I am going to take the time to sync everything up. I get an OCD attack every time I watch it and listen :)

Great location with plenty of people. If I may give some advice. I would focus on smoother panning to start or at least some creative editing to remove the jerky rotation of the phantom. You had a great day for lighting and the couple walking on the peer was nice. Careful of the phantoms shadow as you fly away from the sun. Overall and good start. Curious how much you charged.

I'm not sure how it is with the P3, but it's a beast to master smooth panning on the P2, to the extent that some people mod the yaw control. So it might be being a touch picky, but I'd definitely aim for smoother pans and camera angle changes if the P3 is up to it.
Otherwise not bad, and I'm sure they'll be thrilled to have had it all done for them as a freebie.

Great location with plenty of people. If I may give some advice. I would focus on smoother panning to start or at least some creative editing to remove the jerky rotation of the phantom. You had a great day for lighting and the couple walking on the peer was nice. Careful of the phantoms shadow as you fly away from the sun. Overall and good start. Curious how much you charged.

He said he did it for free.

Very nice. Even tho you are critical of your work they will be able to look back at those moments with fond memories. Very cool!

CANT NOTHING BRING ME DOWN... but some bad firmware and a buggy app..

Nice video dude. It's nice when the entire party doesn't look up at the quad. Someone said panning if it helps I put my rudder at 30 to smooth that out.

Just for sake... Congrats on your gift. I've been a videographer for over 25 years now. Done weddings, corporate stuff, documentaries, TV show and more. I noticed, I want to keep all the good footage with the P3, but like in all video projects... good doesn't mean necessary and planning is a must in all videos. I've been using the P3 for 2.5 month now (almost everyday), the more I film now the more I'm choosy about what I want. So if your like me. Try to plan the shots ahead of time. My goal is to get the best of aerial shots the bird can offer. Mastering the flight control will bring you that. I practice more and more on just mastering the remote control. I want to be able to forget about the remote and just have the bird do whatever I feel. I make it a task. I just fly it without filming, with a nice camera flight pattern in mind and try to master it. I live on a private lake (20 acres of open space), so it's easy for me to just experiment. Now I can pan the bird around an object (front, sideways or backward), make figure 8 patterns, vertical loops, smooth panning, etc. The smaller you can fly those patterns, the nicer and smoother your shots will be. And more control you'll have. True though that the camera (down/up) panning is a bit out of reach for smoothness with the sticks. I'm still working on that. Mastering those controls can also save your bird. I have maybe done a dozen clips so far with the bird (some are on YouTube). And everytime I look back at them, I want to re-edit and take some scenes out. Have a nice sunday.

i would say nice job for 1st attempt...

smooth panning is the hardest. i've been practicing since i bought my P2. still need practice... lol...

Like any video I do. I charge ½ day or full day coverage. The amount that suit you (usually 100$/H). Then between 50$ &100$/H for 5H to 8H editing depending on the clients demands and length of clip (30s to 3m) scenario script apart (a must) I'm in Canada.

Just for sake... Congrats on your gift. I've been a videographer for over 25 years now. Done weddings, corporate stuff, documentaries, TV show and more. I noticed, I want to keep all the good footage with the P3, but like in all video projects... good doesn't mean necessary and planning is a must in all videos. I've been using the P3 for 2.5 month now (almost everyday), the more I film now the more I'm choosy about what I want. So if your like me. Try to plan the shots ahead of time. My goal is to get the best of aerial shots the bird can offer. Mastering the flight control will bring you that. I practice more and more on just mastering the remote control. I want to be able to forget about the remote and just have the bird do whatever I feel. I make it a task. I just fly it without filming, with a nice camera flight pattern in mind and try to master it. I live on a private lake (20 acres of open space), so it's easy for me to just experiment. Now I can pan the bird around an object (front, sideways or backward), make figure 8 patterns, vertical loops, smooth panning, etc. The smaller you can fly those patterns, the nicer and smoother your shots will be. And more control you'll have. True though that the camera (down/up) panning is a bit out of reach for smoothness with the sticks. I'm still working on that. Mastering those controls can also save your bird. I have maybe done a dozen clips so far with the bird (some are on YouTube). And everytime I look back at them, I want to re-edit and take some scenes out. Have a nice sunday.

Thanks for the tips!

Every shoot and every editing session becomes part of the learning and experiential curve. One thing is true across all of them: flying,shooting vids and stills and then editing them make this a really engaging and fun hobby.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl