Video Corruption

Reaction score
After updating my DJI Go app to the latest version from the iOS app store, I noticed that the video feed became corrupted. I never had any issues across 17 flights prior to the latest update, even after the latest firmware update.

Flight 1 was out in the mountains away from any potential sources of interference. I noticed it while hovering 15 feet away from me. I set down and quit/re-launched the app, but had the same experience. I then swapped out my iPad Mini for my iPhone 6 Plus but had the same issue.

Flight 2: Thinking there was somehow interference, I went to another location (the video below) far away from any other technology. The video corruption seemed even worse here, even immediately after takeoff, so I only flew for a few minutes. I couldn't even see where I was going, so I gave up. The farthest point of the flight was < 300 feet.

Flight 3: Just to be sure, I wanted to try a known-good location where I've had several flights previously. Sure enough, the corruption showed up again.

Across these three flights it was inconsistent in terms of degree; sometimes I could see where I was going, and other times the video feed would lock up completely. I had no warnings about signal quality, etc. and Phantom and Controller were fully-charged. It did seem worse when there were more rapid changes on the screen, or when panning up or down (I'd get vertical streaking).

This feels much more like a DJI Go app software issue than anything else, but I would have expected to see many other complaints about it by now. Does anyone have any ideas?

My next step is to completely uninstall and reinstall the app on my iOS device to see if that fixes it...but I can't test that until tomorrow.

Mine videos also the same when i fly with ipad mini 3 wifi. But it is perfect with iphone 6. Both are the DJI Pilot app.

I have started experiencing this same problem both on my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 3... Never had the issue prior to 1.3.20...
I just tried updating to a custom channel and lowering the bitrate... Will check if that helped later...

Interestingly enough, uninstalling and re-installing the app on my iPhone 6 Plus may have corrected the situation. Unfortunately I was not able to test it in any of the the same areas where I experienced the corruption previously, but I will be back there this week.

If you decide to uninstall and reinstall, make sure you first sync across any flight records you want to keep. You do lose the video cache, though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl