Video clips blurry

Reaction score
I've made loads of videos and they all looked fine. The last two I made I think are blurry. I put last weeks' one down to low sun, but today was under cloud and I think the camera has become blurrred. The lens is clean from the outside and the aircraft has NEVER beed crashed and is always, always hand caught and stored in its case.

No point in posting on here as the resolution won't translate.

Any thoughts?

erikgraham said:
Yeah, it was just a guess.

Meantime, I checked out your YouTube channel and personally I think it's great.! The videos are short and sweet. The locations are interesting.

I thank you! You can see the difference in the last one (Craigmore viaduct) compared to some others. I made one today but can't upload it as iMovie won't let me export it for some reason! Grrrrr!

Is it possible that you inadvertently changed the Sharpness setting on your camera? (Inside the DJI app on your iPhone/android) For that matter, you might have switched to 720p in the app. Even changing the frame rate, iso, etc can all cause softness (but I suspect you already know all this).

Its also possible that you did something in iMovie. Have you opened up your original source footage in Quicktime Player and compared it to your iMovie output? (Or compared your source footage from Craigmore to the source video from other locations.)

In iMovie I don't think there is a way to directly adjust "sharpness", but you can try something like adding a "Hard Light" video effect, and then dial back some of the effects of Hard Light by adjusting the sliders under Color Correction. I highly doubt you will get results that you like. You might want to consider taking the leap to Final Cut.

Or if you have Photoshop, you can actually use all of Photoshops image correction tools (and filters) on a video. You just need to open the video in photoshop (a timeline will appear at the bottom) and then convert the video layer to a smart object (critical step). Then adjust away. (You can even remove the fish-eye effect in photoshop).

happydays said:
I've made loads of videos and they all looked fine. The last two I made I think are blurry. I put last weeks' one down to low sun, but today was under cloud and I think the camera has become blurrred. The lens is clean from the outside and the aircraft has NEVER beed crashed and is always, always hand caught and stored in its case.

No point in posting on here as the resolution won't translate.

Any thoughts?

after looking at at your videos I also think your last one is fuzzy compared to older ones.
I seem to suffer the same fate. I was wondering as I have almost 70 flights on this bird if maybe the lens has shifted due to vibrations? Once before seemed almost over sharp has gone to quite fuzzy and soft. All settings have remained the same. This video was all shot the same day and you can see some is very fuzzy a few clips seem to be almost just right though so I am perplexed. :?

http://youtu.be/6JM-gUrW9gw?list=UUiCKT ... ATNSFv2PJA

happydays said:
Looks ok to me! The detail in the trees is great - nice clip BTW. Which sections did you think are blurry?

The beginning bridge scene seems very pixelated as well as the slow flight 0ver railway bridge with all the orange trees seems very fuzzy to me in comparison to my other videos.
you can also see the moving limitations of the vision at 1:17 to 1:25 from flying over trees to hovering, detail really comes back from total fuzz in a hover
Shots are all shot sunny, -3, 100iso, standard sharpness

happydays said:
Here's some raw footage so you can see what I mean.

http://youtu.be/JnyE-aKcm1M

seems to me to be slightly out of focus as well or film in between lens no crisp like your other shots
I know the old vision you could take apart the lens and rest the focus ( although a time consuming job) and surely voided the almost nonexistent warranty. Not sure if this one can be done or not .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl