Video change from MOV to MP4

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed as I have been searching already but have yet to figure it out. I need to change the video format from "MOV" to something that is more compatible. I've seen people changing it to MP4???? All I know is I can't get it to play on anything other than my iPhone. I'm not very computer savvy so I do apologize for my ignorance. I've read about the DJI Pilot app but as of now I haven't found it for an Apple product or on the App Store. Any advice is appreciated..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can change that setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Video-Format.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: roadblock
in the camera settings on dji GO you will have a option to change it to MP4

edit: what he ^ said :D

My camera screen is quite like the one you have. Maybe a need some type of update???? I have the P3S. I just got it for Christmas. I can clearly see the option on the screen shot you posted , only mine is slightly different. I am using the official DJI Go app on my iPhone 5.

If you find that after you changed to mp4 and you can not get this format to play on your PC, Google "K-Lite Codec", download and install. Your mp4 (and your .mov) videos will play using Windows Media Player

Thank you fellas so much. It'll play on my PlayStation 4 and on my Samsung Smart tv so I'm good.

I'm sure this has been discussed as I have been searching already but have yet to figure it out. I need to change the video format from "MOV" to something that is more compatible. I've seen people changing it to MP4???? All I know is I can't get it to play on anything other than my iPhone. I'm not very computer savvy so I do apologize for my ignorance. I've read about the DJI Pilot app but as of now I haven't found it for an Apple product or on the App Store. Any advice is appreciated..

Take a look at the VLC app. It's available on many platforms and is free. It has the codecs needed to play back MP4
VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

My camera screen is quite like the one you have. Maybe a need some type of update???? I have the P3S. I just got it for Christmas. I can clearly see the option on the screen shot you posted , only mine is slightly different. I am using the official DJI Go app on my iPhone 5.

When you say it's slightly different, do you mean that the option is not there? If so, it may be that you have the camera set for stills not video. Toggle it to video (using the little circular arrows icon above the record button) and go back in to options - you should see it now.

When you say it's slightly different, do you mean that the option is not there?
My original screenshot above was from a version of DJI GO that was older than what the OP is using. I updated the screenshot.

Reactions: KiwiBird

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.