Video Artifacts on P4P

RPP

Reaction score
Website
www.parrikar.com
While testing the video this morning on the Phantom 4 Pro I saw some artifacts I don't quite understand. Those aren't the props, are they? I was recording 4K (3840) at 60fps.

They are definitely shadows/ reflection of spinning props. Hows camera seeing them?

Indeed prop shadows on the lens. Flying forward into the sun. Some tips that might help, tilt camera lower, fly backwards and reverse video, fly at different time of day, possibly different shutter speeds or just keep the sun to your sides or rear. Anything that will keep the shadows from hitting the lens. On my P2s on made a sunshade for the GoPros.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Thanks, all. This was merely a test run. I see now that it must've happened during the forward acceleration when the aircraft pitched forward and with the almost overhead sun, the props cast a shadow on the lens.

One other thing - I see that at the beginning of every clip, I get a jerky video which then stabilizes. Is there are setting I should be looking at?

Yes, thats shadow of your props casting onto the camera. Always try to have the sun at my back, or if I have to be towards the sun, fly slow and tilt the camera a lil. I refuse to use a lens shade, that adds extra stress to the gimbal.

Yes, thats shadow of your props casting onto the camera. Always try to have the sun at my back, or if I have to be towards the sun, fly slow and tilt the camera a lil. I refuse to use a lens shade, that adds extra stress to the gimbal.
Agree on the P4. The H4-3D on the P2 is much beefier than the gimbal on the P4. For all the advancements they made with the P4 they took a step backwards on the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik