Video and Image Files Missing after Flight - Phantom FIles

Reaction score
So I flew my first flight and took a bunch of pictures and a video. Waited a bit after landing to put shut off the machine. Took the sd card inside and looked at my pictures all good.

Second flight i put the same sd card back into the phantom fly around take video and some pictures. Waited a bit after landing to put shut off the machine. Took the sd card inside put it in my computer no new picture there were only the pictures from the previous flight.

The funny thing is is that the sd card show the file size on it as about 2 gigs when you select them and view properties, but when you view it in my computer it only shows about 2 gigs free of 7 total.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same. It seems like the files might actually be there but I can't see them. I am running a win7 pc, i checked to see it there was a funny partition on the drive and ran a deleted file recovery tool to no avail. Any tips?

I obviously have not seen this issue myself. But have you tried to format the card from DJI Go app and tried again? The file size limit is 4GB since it's formatted in exFAT partition.

yeah that is what i ultimately ended up doing and now it works. But I lost the video from that flight. The file wasn't showing up on my pc, but it seemed like it was taking up space on the sd card. It was just weird

I would think even without removing card. The images will show up in the dji go apo. Not sure. Unless all you video files are 2.7k or 4K. That's the only reason the remove the sd card. Glad you fixed it. I just broke down and bought a 64g card. As not to fool with it. Mine said card was full after only a few shots.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi, i had the same problem today. Went back to studio after two days recording and only had my last clip in the card, numbering like it was the first one (dji_0001)
But the clips appear in the cache files on the dji app.
Have you solved your problem? How?

Sounds like the file wasn't properly finalized (closed) by the Phantom before the memory card was removed. You might just try booting it back up in the phantom, then power it down fully and see if the file(s) is there.

I had the same problem with yesterday's flight. I made about 7 flights in total now, no issue with video files. Yesterday I recorded a video, stopped it, made a photo, started video again, landed, turned off video. Afterwards only the photo is on the SD card.
What did I change yesterday (maybe based on this we can figure out what could be causing this):
- New SD card, from a trustworthy local webshop. Brand: Samsung Evo+ 64 GB, formatted using the Android DJI GO app
- Switched video from 1080 to 2,7K (didn't realize it was still on 1080 before)
- Applied patch to 27dB (CE to FCC) but don't think this is related
- Used new battery (also don't think this is related)
- Updated app recently (could have been yesterday, not sure)

Could you check which of the above points is valid for you? Perhaps same card / video resolution combination?

Edit: Forgot one detail, also the App is not showing the new vids. Only older vids, and no photos whatsoever (also not from previous flights).

Hi, i was using a sandisk extreme card. video at 4k. changed the batteries a few times.
the DJI app shows the last 12 clips, not the first one, but the resolution is only 720p :/
Already recovered the files with the EaseUs but they are corrupted, can't open them yet.
If someone knows a good software to recover .mov files, please let me know.

So I flew my first flight and took a bunch of pictures and a video. Waited a bit after landing to put shut off the machine. Took the sd card inside and looked at my pictures all good.

Second flight i put the same sd card back into the phantom fly around take video and some pictures. Waited a bit after landing to put shut off the machine. Took the sd card inside put it in my computer no new picture there were only the pictures from the previous flight.

The funny thing is is that the sd card show the file size on it as about 2 gigs when you select them and view properties, but when you view it in my computer it only shows about 2 gigs free of 7 total.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the same. It seems like the files might actually be there but I can't see them. I am running a win7 pc, i checked to see it there was a funny partition on the drive and ran a deleted file recovery tool to no avail. Any tips?

One thing you can do after the next flight is connect your computer directly to the drone. There should be a min-usb port on the side. This way you do not have to remove the card at all... Just leave the drone on and connect a usb cable. This makes it behave like a USB drive. Now you can drag and drop the files to where you want on your computer.
dji-ph3-p5.jpg

After a new flight I had no issues. Maybe I didn't record properly or shutdown the drone too quick? Let's wait and see if it will occur again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic