Victoria Island, B.C. - Feedback wanted!

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd love feedback on any aspect of what I'd consider to be my first effort at a highly produced video. Recorded with a Phantom 3 Advanced in 1080, produced in Premier Pro CC. Filmed with roughly the same settings discussed here: Agree? "DJI PHANTOM 3 | Best camera settings …"

The trickiest shot by far was flying in Cathedral Grove ( see @1:30) - those trees are 300+ feet high. It required finding a break in the canopy that extended straight down. Was flying with GPS, but at the forest floor it got very difficult to control the drone due to wind eddies and lack of quality GPS signal. I'm happy with the result, my original intention was to do a video going up looking at the side of the tree--- unfortunately because I turned off auto-exposure the huge difference in exposure from the forest floor to the sky was so dramatic that the top of that shot was over-exposed. Plus there was no reasonable way to be adjusting the exposure on the fly with the complexity of the location. One situation where auto-exposure would have been a better way to do!

As you can see some of the shots were filmed in foggy / cloudy conditions. For Brentwood Bay which is sunnier I filmed with a NJ16 filter which worked very well.

In Premier Pro I adjusted the color to expand the full range of light to dark across the spectrum. I pulled out the blues for water shots, and greens for Cathedral Grove and other shots that included trees--- but tried to keep it natural and how I remembered it in my minds eye.

Looks good man. I'm on the mainland

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers