Vibration

Reaction score
My P3a has a vibration at hover. Apart from changing the blades is there anything else i should check. There was a stiff breeze at the time.. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My P3a has a vibration at hover. Apart from changing the blades is there anything else i should check. There was a stiff breeze at the time.. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
inspect the hull for cracks around the motor mount screws. Do a complete calibration.

I'm on 1.5 firmware and i would not update. I don't believe anymore in DJI improvements when release new firmware. Someone suggest me to reduce gains to 80% in DJI GO app. First to test Yaw gain to 80% then if it doesn't work all gains to 80%.

Tried changing the gains.. It was better but not gone. I did a full calibration last night but too windy to fly today.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tried changing the gains.. It was better but not gone. I did a full calibration last night but too windy to fly today.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Same here, the thing to do imo is to roll back to 1.4.3

Most probably you need to balance your propellers. It can be also that one of your propellers is damaged and is not more balanced. In that case, you should replace it and balance them if you still have vibration. It is in any case never bad to balance them but it requires some tools to do that. IMO DJI plastic propellers are almost balanced where DJI CF propellers are poorly balanced (out of 8 all needed to be balance). I have a P3P with these CF propellers and soon I have used them it was vibrating a lot. Only after proper balancing, it would be same as with plastic propellers.
See DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help, section Props.
Search on youtube for "propellers balance dji phantom 3", there are plenty of videos about it.

I tired switching to a new set but, still have the problem. I will try balancing. Are there better propellers on the market that you know of ? Thank Dronason.

I tired switching to a new set but, still have the problem. I will try balancing. Are there better propellers on the market that you know of ? Thank Dronason.
The plastic propellers from DJI are good. I have found that the CF from DJI I got were out of balance but they work fine too. I have not really see a difference between CF or plastic apart the price CF much more expenisve.
I have never tried propellers from alternative suppliers, I don't want to risk that.

I sent my P3 Pro back to DJI under warranty. They said the gimble had a problem and replaced it for free. No more vibrations. Lets see when i get it back. Happy flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31